ICT v Alloa Athletic

Not at the game due to work but imagine that the back line finished the same way it started against Stirling, with Peggie in at LB, Dick in the middle with Andy and Taggs at RB. Zannatta up top on his own as Spence sacrificed for a defender.

On a separate note that is an excellent point for us away from home, just need to get the win we are more than capable of and shut the doubters up who think that we will be another Brechin.

Cheers. I wondered whether it was Taggs or Dick who had gone central. I imagine having Peggie but not Robbo on the bench made that decision for the gaffer.

I'm sure we'll get that win sooner rather than later. [emoji4]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Waiting on seeing the footage but nareys toepoker tweeted we could have won it in extra time. Zanatta should have squared a ball for a tap in but instead shot and the keeper saved.

You should have won it at the end. Zanatta found himself in acres of space just outside the box but hit his shot right at Ridgers. Placing It either side of him and you would have been back off down the road with 3 points.

We were really poor yet again. Far too narrow for most of the pitch with an alarming reluctance to take opposition players on until Calder came on in the second half. This coincided with our best period of the game where Parry was under real pressure from a number of crossed balls and he was made to pull off some smart saves from close range.

Opening goal was pretty straightforward as Mckay strode in to meet a Polworth corner and channelled his inner Laporte and battered a header into the net. The Alloa equaliser came from what looked like a pretty debatable free kick. Zanatta drove between two ICT players an then threw himself to the ground. Nice cross sent to the back post and it looked like it ended up in the net thanks to a deflection off Donaldson or Oakley.

Second half kicked off with some absolute madness from Karadachki. After wrestling with Oakley and conceding a free kick he then spent the few seconds leading up to the free kick grappling with Donaldson before dragging him to the ground and conceding the penalty. Welsh stepped up to send the keeper the wrong.

Calder then won a penalty after he went down in the area. Looked a bit soft to me. He just seemed to run past the Alloa defender and then fell over. No ICT player seemed to really want to take the penalty, Welsh was off the pitch at this point having been subbed, so Donaldson stepped up and rattled the bar.

Parry then, as mentioned, pulled off a number of good saves to deny Doran and White and ICT were made to rue their wastefulness when Rooney channelled his inner Ross Tokely and decided to hack at some Alloa attacker multiple times before bundling him over in the box for the third penalty of the day which was dispatched by Flannigan. Zanatta could have won it for the visitors but his tame shot was right at Ridgers.

All too familiar a tale for ICT fans. Dominate the game in terms of possession but tend not to create much and when we do we are wasteful in taking those chances. Very little width for most of the game until Calder came on and gave Tremarco someone to link with ahead of him instead of having to turn back inside all the time. Welsh had a decent game and we definitely lost a bit of composure in midfield when he went off (presumably due to fitness issues). Donaldson, penalty miss aside, was good at the back but the rest of the squad is quite poor. Austin, Oakley and White all continue to work hard up front but none of them look like they will be particularly prolific for us this season. Rooney was really poor. Defensively naive and poor bringing the ball out from the back.

I am going to be a mix of Happy Clapper and Highland Capital (not easy to achieve) - It is always harder to play against 10 men; We were drawn into being over confident when we perished the opening 3 fixtures; We have finally unearthed a penalty taker; we remain unbeaten in the league; we are making chances; we have a better squad and changes are easier to consider or make; we are a better team away from home; looking like a league where many are capable of beating each other and there will be no runaway leaders - "Always look on the bright side of life" :rolleyes:

First half finished. Very even. Alloa couldve scored through Zanatta where he ran from the half way line and then Ridgers just gets his studs to the ball to knock it wide. Inverness go up the other end get a corner and score. Although Inverness are having plenty shots they're either comfortably wide or straight at Parry. One good save from Austen's header I think it was but all in all very competitive. 

Into the second half first minute in Karadachki misses the ball and tries to make up for it by bodying his man. He then lies on the floor feigning injury. When the free kick is finally taken he's got both arms round the Cale player easy to give a pen. Not sure it's necessarily worth the second booking but still daft from Karadachki.

Edit: Second penalty looks a weak penalty but maybe a bad angle. Adam Brown tries to grab his shoulder misses any grip and then the player falls to the ground. Fair play he smacks the bar.

Not having it that Inverness dominated us. They only made Neil Parry make 4 good saves over 90 minutes. As much as they had a bunch of shots they didn't have any quality going forward.

Hastie's run is excellent to win the penalty. At the very end when Rooney's leaning into him he struggles to charge past him loses his balance but gets away. Rooney lands on top of him. Flannigan good penalty down low to the left beats Ridgers even though he goes the right way.

Zanatta's chance wasn't as good as I imagined but it still could have easily been 2-3 with a better finish.

Off teams we've played so far best to worst I'm going

Ross County > Inverness > Morton > Dundee United > Falkirk

Not in the slightest and it's something I've mentioned before. All very well cutting costs by moving on the big earners but those are also the most experienced guys in the team. Our average age is now something like 23. I think Tremarco is the only player in the squad over the age of 30?

5 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Justice was not done. ICT lost two points becos of some terrible finishing and some good goalkeeping. It could have and should have been 8 feckin 3.

Highlights didn't show two excellent Alloa chances so you can re-adjust that to 8-5:lol:.

In reality, if you can't beat a part-time team who played half of the game with 10 men, at home, then you can't have any real complaints. We could even have won it at the end. Be thankful for your point. Good for the sport too that Calder's blatant cheating wasn't rewarded.

There were no protests on the penalty award per se.

Prior to the award the ball struck Calder's hand and the Alloa players were fruitlessly arguing that a clear penalty should be refused on the basis of .... well something or other.

Oh for a right back like Ross Tokely (shame on you RiG) and a centre forward like Billy Urquhart

Justice was not done. ICT lost two points becos of some terrible finishing and some good goalkeeping. It could have and should have been 8 feckin 3.
becos (sic) 8-3 is a score which regularly happens. [emoji23]

Archived