St Mirren vs Livi // Fantastic vs Plastic

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Looking like Gary Holt will be in ahead of this game, we’ve not wasted any time, begs the question why wasn’t he given the job in the first place, I was told at the time the club was very impressed by him and no one had a bad word to say about him, they had obviously been sold on the Kenny Miller as a player idea. 

Anyway maybe that will give us a wee boost heading into this, still doesn’t solve the problem of having very little in the forward area, Lee Miller is a major doubt leaving us with an 18 year old striker who played for Berwick last season and probably Scott Robinson to partner him. 

An 18 year old who they played last night for 90 mins against Forfar!! Strange one that!

Wasn't a fan of Miller being appointed and actually glad he is gone so soon - wasn't adding anything on or off the pitch. Watched him on Saturday v Motherwell and he was rubbish. Playing AM really and didnt create anything (also seemed to be playing AMR and through the center (??). Gave Lee Miller a couple of filthy looks when he couldn't get to knock-ons as well... was strange!

So how we lining up tomorrow ? 

I’m hearing good things about the lad Lawson, a more technical Pittman was the description I got, is he fit to start though that’s the question ? 

Can also see Lithgow coming back into the set up, wonder if we will go with the following...

Kelly, Lawless, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, Lamie, Lawson, Byrne, Pittman, Robinson, Hamilton.

Unsure if Lee Miller is fit or not, if he is he’ll probably play in front of Hamilton but if not can see us going with that considering we don’t have another striker. 

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:18, ATLIS said:

Wonder how much St Mirren can afford too, probably not likely to pay Kenny what we were. He must've been on anywhere from 1.2k to 1.6k a week (600 per job p/w)

:lol::lol::lol:

On 22/08/2018 at 19:18, ATLIS said:

Wonder how much St Mirren can afford too, probably not likely to pay Kenny what we were. He must've been on anywhere from 1.2k to 1.6k a week (600 per job p/w)

:lol: you’ve got the smallest budget in the league, even Hamilton are a bigger outfit than you.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about this one. See, this line up actually looks ok, IMHO, but we'll probably have Cammy Smith at wing back or something.

image.thumb.png.9227a871f53ed74563fa783add34e277.png

Ooft, Willock and Coulson as advanced wingers? No, not for me thanks.

While he won't do it, I feel a 4-4-1-1 would be the best for this.

Samson

McGinn - Baird - Kpekawa* - Hodson**

Flynn - Willock - McGinn - Coulson

Smith

Mullen

Subs to be used: Brock Madsen when Mullen runs out of puff. Magennis (if not on the left) to replace WIllock.

* .. Kpekawa or Jones

** .. assuming Hodson can play on the right, if not then bring Coulson back and play Magennis on the left.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Kelly
Lithgow Gallagher Halkett
Lawless Lawson Byrne Pittman Kaja
Sibbald
Hamilton

Something like that maybe? 3-5-1-1?

Would imagine it would be this, with Robinson in for Sibbald.  

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about this one. See, this line up actually looks ok, IMHO, but we'll probably have Cammy Smith at wing back or something.

image.thumb.png.9227a871f53ed74563fa783add34e277.png

The big Dane will be leading the line for sure. Mullen is looking hungry so where he will play not sure. 

3 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Ooft, Willock and Coulson as advanced wingers? No, not for me thanks.

While he won't do it, I feel a 4-4-1-1 would be the best for this.

Samson

McGinn - Baird - Kpekawa* - Hodson**

Flynn - Willock - McGinn - Coulson

Smith

Mullen

Subs to be used: Brock Madsen when Mullen runs out of puff. Magennis (if not on the left) to replace WIllock.

* .. Kpekawa or Jones

** .. assuming Hodson can play on the right, if not then bring Coulson back and play Magennis on the left.

Would think that if Jones and Hodson are considered to solid defensively by the manager both are certain starters.

Archived