Ones that got away

Always find it bizarre how "who's the better" chat in Scottish football always leads to a "Scottish footballs shite do does it matter?" post. 

The negativity is astounding. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boyd has been rank rotten everywhere he's been required to play at a level. Only ever a success in Scotland, which says a lot regarding how good a footballer he actually is. So if we are arguing who the better player is in Scottish terms, we are really asking which one is least shit at playing at a proper level.

And yes, I am well aware how shit Falkirk are. That's why Dobbie got a hat trick. Thank you. 

Arguing over who the better player is in a shite league system is utterly pointless. Like arguing over who does the better shits. 

That post is horrific mate. Enjoy your Sunday.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Always find it bizarre how "who's the better" chat in Scottish football always leads to a "Scottish footballs shite do does it matter?" post. 

The negativity is astounding. 

It's not negativity in this context, it's honesty. There's just been a two page conversation over which failed Championship striker is better. Clearly needed a bit of context. Neither are good footballers in the wider use of the world. The context that was much needed is that they are only good footballers in the realm of Scottish football. Sorry if that somehow offends you. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

It's not negativity in this context, it's honesty. There's just been a two page conversation over which failed Championship striker is better. Clearly needed a bit of context. Neither are good footballers in the wider use of the world. The context that was much needed is that they are only good footballers in the realm of Scottish football. Sorry if that somehow offends you. 

It is, nobodies thick enough to believe that Boyd/Dobbie were being compared with Aguero, so I'm not sure why it's needed to say they're shite compared to Aguero. 

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

That post is horrific mate. Enjoy your Sunday.

What part is upsetting you, is it the part where I point out that he's been shite everywhere other than Scotland? 

Harsh calling anyone else's posts horrific given the tripe you come out with most of the time. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

It is, nobodies thick enough to believe that Boyd/Dobbie were being compared with Aguero, so I'm not sure why it's needed to say they're shite compared to Aguero. 

Who's comparing them to Aguero? I said they couldn't cut it in the Championship. 

14 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Who's comparing them to Aguero? I said they couldn't cut it in the Championship. 

I think I've misread one of your posts, tbh. 

Apologies for jumping up a division (I miss you guys so much :wub:)

Anyway, former Dumbarton loanee Joe Nuttall (two appearances, both from the bench, total playing time of about 20 minutes) started for Blackburn Rovers at the weekend. In fact he's played quite a bit for them after banging them in for their U23s. He might go on to do nothing, but the fact he's playing first team football in the English Championship suggests he probably could've done a job for us.

Archived