Dunfermline v ICT

I see Dunfermline had a much worse result than us today which totally shocked me because I said that I expected Dunfermline to be fighting for promotion before season started :O. 

For this match, I would change every single player but that ain't gonna happen so this is how I'd line up: Ridgers; Calder, McCart, Donaldson, Tremarco; Doran, Polworth, Welsh, Trafford, Walsh and Austin. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... yesterday went well :)

3 points important here to stop any hysterics. Nobody you can pick out from yesterday to say must be dropped more than any of the others. You could justify any number of changes tho. I'd expect higgy to come in but who for I've no idea.

Don't even know if we stick with the 4-4-2 that we switched to after 30 mins yesterday or 3-5-2 which also failed badly.

I expect us to get thoroughly pumped but on the plus side it would lead to another almighty cranium detachment from Caley Shaun so that would be quite nice.

I don't think we played this weekend so it will be good to get back out after last weeks good performance against hearts. It will be interesting to see how Shaun Rooney has developed when he left us he looks pretty suspect defending and a bit hit or miss going forward.

I don't think we played this weekend so it will be good to get back out after last weeks good performance against hearts. It will be interesting to see how Shaun Rooney has developed when he left us he looks pretty suspect defending and a bit hit or miss going forward.

No idea what it Rooney was like for you but I can guarantee he has not developed.

Horrible excuse for a player.

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No idea what it Rooney was like for you but I can guarantee he has not developed.

He was neither here nor there for us in League 1. Got a about 15 games and was incredibly unremarkable. Surprised he's getting a gig in the Championship tbh. 

Rooney is unbelievably bad at defending. I can remember Albion Rovers fans howling with laughter at how shit he was.

How he has managed to play for two championship clubs is beyond me. He looks like an athlete I suppose and is young but it’s like football is something alien to him.

26 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He was shit with us. An absolute liability as a defender.  His decision making is woeful, constantly gives away free kicks/penalties and regularly miles out of position. 

I was delighted when you signed him. 

Depends how many changes realistically AJ wants to make after that performance, realistically Higginbotham, Connolly and Hyppo done enough to warrant a start but in what position? If Beadling and Martin were fit I'd bring them in aswell but swapping five starters is far to much and will never result in happy tidings. 

Big questions of AJ this weekend, a win would go along way to answer them. 

I fear for us in this game. Our team just can't get any momentum going at all. 

Everything was looking so promising in preseason, and we got a hard fought win against both Dundee teams, but the wheels have came off our league campaign right now. 

Im sure we'll start ticking over nicely as some point, but it's bloody frustrating waiting for the time to come. 

Its never easy supporting the Pars, and this season is proving that so far. 

I don't mind us getting beat if we put up a bit of a fight, but we are toothless right now and that's the most infuriating thing. 

9 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He was shit with us. An absolute liability as a defender.  His decision making is woeful, constantly gives away free kicks/penalties and regularly miles out of position. 

I was delighted when you signed him. 

I think we've had all of those from him after about 7 games. An encouraging start.

A win here and a return of 6 points from United away, Ross County at home, Ayr away and Inverness wouldn't look too bad (I'd have taken a win and 3 draws before the games probably) but lose and it starts to look like it could be a tough slog. Hopefully we don't just launch high balls to the striker(s) this week and Beadling is somewhere approaching fit and can get onto the bench.

Archived