Hampden or Murrayfield

P475

34 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Don’t get me wrong I hate the OF but what real alternative is there? Hampden needs rebuilt, with what money? Murrayfield is better but again too much space behind the goals. The ideal situation is to rebuild Hampden but then that makes three great stadiums in a relatively small city. 

The second best option is building a new stadium outside Glasgow, again with what money?

So only three options

continue with shit hampden or shit murrayfield

Tour Scotland games around the country and sell off hampden

Sell of hampden and move, park head is the only option as ibrox is probably too small.

As for the talk of history, what history? We’ve never won anything ever.

This was a big win at Hampden! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37500343

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AberdeenHibee said:

This was a big win at Hampden! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37500343

Big deal we won it twice, I mean Scotland. 

Id rather we sold hampden, rebuilt park head and invested the rest in proper facilities for youth players. Nope for too sensible let’s waste millions on revamping the worst stadium in Glasgow. Why did we rebuild it in the current configuration? We had one athletics event ffs.

Why the f**k would Celtic consent to their stadium being rebuilt?!

Rebuilt how exactly?

Oh and f**k that completely as it would mean Celtic making millions more.

Also how is Ibrox too small? It has pretty the same capacity as Hampden. Although, once again, f**k that for reasons already noted.

2 hours ago, Mastermind said:

This should really say we’d do a bad job of it...again.

We had the chance around 20 years ago to get it right and get a world class stadium while retaining the history. For whatever reason it was a complete incompetent shambles and now we are left either staying at an embarrassing, dated ground which the fans seem to loathe, or moving to a rugby stadium. Meanwhile Wembley, the Millennium Stadium and the Aviva have all been properly redeveloped and are fantastic stadia.

What a mess.

Since being renovated Hampden has been given a 5 star rating and hosted 2 European finals.

Saying it was a incompetent shambles is rewriting history.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Since being renovated Hampden has been given a 5 star rating and hosted 2 European finals.

5 star for the teams, officials and freeloaders in the main stand maybe, not for thousands of the paying fans but who gives a f**k about them after all. 

8 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Given that Glasgow hosted all but the athletics at the recent European Championships and is never going to host the Olympics, athletics is unlikely to come to Glasgow any time soon - if it did then Scotstoun would likely be big enough.

Plus Hampden was out of the game for about 2 years in order to convert it for athletics.

Great idea, we can move our 30-40,000 crowds round the plethora of 30-40,000 seater stadia we have in the country. Top, top reasoning. Another great 8mile post. Well in. 

Another rage-fuelled TSAC post, based purely on the poster and being a butthurt wee whinge.

I’d rather we took the hit and pack stadiums, creating an atmosphere whilst giving more supporters (particularly the younger fans) across the country a chance of attending what are often midweek games on school nights, which aren’t ideal for those living out-with the central belt. And despite the bulk of the population being in the central belt, we’re still toiling to fill Hampden partly due to the logistics and ridiculous costs at Hampden. Until Scotland get to that level or have that demand for tickets consistently that require a 50,000 plus stadium, I say take it on the road.

6 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Well no, it’s already been explained plenty times in this thread that we don’t have a stadium outwith Glasgow or Murrayfield big enough to host competitive Scotland games. You seriously advocating locking 15,000 fans out of Scotland games just because? 

The reason I seem to post a disproportionate amount of opinions that differ from yours is because you are a very stupid man. 

We both know that’s not true though and it’s just down to you being a really, really angry wee drip. 

Stick me on ignore and stop replying to my posts. Thanks.

The view from hampden is so bad I didn’t know out team had scored in a cup final sitting behind the goals. Half the stand celebrated a free kick hitting the top of the net a few minutes earlier and got mocked by the Celtic fans so I wasn’t sure.

Worse view than Cowdenbeath ffs. It’s an abomination of a stadium. The main stand facilities are shite, I went for the tour. The museum is great, the dressing rooms are pathetic with flooring you used to see in hospitals in the 80s and wooden shitey cabinets and baths from the 1900s. The centre stand leather seats are manky and even the vip bit is a joke. The car seats up there mean you can’t see properly and I’m over six foot. :lol:

The warm up area doesn’t get used apart from interviews and has a b.o. reek.

Honestly east end is better in terms of hospitality and overall experience. Get it to f**k.

That's the SFA apparently giving Queens Park another week to be bullied into selling Hampden to them, the sole purpose of this 'we might move to Murrayfield' charade. More fool the SRU for being duped into thinking it might actually happen.

11 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Meaningless Drivel.

The criteria on which the stadium it has been awarded Category 4 status, to give it it's current name - only been 12 years, are;

• Pitch Dimensions.
  • Size of referee's room (!).
  • Minimum floodlighting.
  • Capacity (8,000 is the threshold - 2,000 fewer than was previously needed to get into the SPL...).
  • Number of turnstiles/electronic turnstiles.
  • Number of VIP seats/hospitality area, and existence of VIP parking (...because UEFA).
  • CCTV.
  • And TWELVE stipulations related to media reporting, and television broadcasting of matches

If you think that the above criteria is fair exchange for having one new stand, and 35,000 seats bolted on to the terraces for £60m I think you might find you're in a minority.  This bluster that the SFA throw around that we should be so proud of Hampden being a category 4 stadium is a total red herring.

That's the SFA apparently giving Queens Park another week to be bullied into selling Hampden to them, the sole purpose of this 'we might move to Murrayfield' charade. More fool the SRU for being duped into thinking it might actually happen.

This.

4 hours ago, thekorean said:

If there is any will and money to do so, they could dig down and add more seats, while making seats closer to the pitch.

But those are big ifs.

The best way to improve the stadium would be to move the pitch closer to the South stand, then square off the ends before then rebuilding the North stand which would be closer to the South stand and hopefully steeper, with possibly a second tier on all parts of the rebuild, thus at smaller semi finals and games getting a 30,000 crowd the place would look full with just the lower tiers open.

If money allowed buy the houses behind the North stand as well to give more space.

The mistake of the 90's was trying to keep everything where it was. The South stand should be half way across the car park and then their would have been a lot more space for future redevelopment.

Archived