Looking for SFL footballs from 1996 to 2001

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Edmond Dantès said:

I've got a couple of balls you might be interested in.

Hardly been used. They're still in the bag they came in.

It's only the fact you said "hardly been used" that makes me think you're being serious and not winding me up (as you insulted yourself if you did) ha.

Assuming you are referring to Mitre Ultimax footballs (and not your balls), could you send a photo to my inbox? Cheers,

Does a buyer offer an amount which they believe the item is worth?
No, generally buyers try and buy things for as little as possible. If the seller is actively selling something, that's fair enough. If, however, you are enticing people to part with things it's a bit of a dick move to try and pretend the value is simply whatever you say it is.

What a, buyer offers isn't the same as the value

To be honest, if you weren't getting shown up on here and roundly ignored everywhere else, I'd have binned this shit already.

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, generally buyers try and buy things for as little as possible. If the seller is actively selling something, that's fair enough. If, however, you are enticing people to part with things it's a bit of a dick move to try and pretend the value is simply whatever you say it is.

What a, buyer offers isn't the same as the value

To be honest, if you weren't getting shown up on here and roundly ignored everywhere else, I'd have binned this shit already.

There is hardly a market for this (prove me wrong by finding  an existing trade on Google?), therefore the value is whatever buyer and seller agree.

And I'll say again, I wasn't on DAFC (I don't even know what club it refers to?). However, I know the person who you're probably referring to. He buys footballs cheap and then sell them on.

Pretty sure I got most the match balls from about 92 til McGraw left in ma maw's loft signed by the Morton team at the time (and one extra signed by Alex McDonald who has also written ORRABEST! in block capitals on it)

No idea of the condition of them. Or if ma maw's chucked them oot. But if they are there there's at least two of them signed by Dougie Johnstone. :wub:

15 hours ago, oxf77 said:

There is hardly a market for this (prove me wrong by finding  an existing trade on Google?), therefore the value is whatever buyer and seller agree.

And I'll say again, I wasn't on DAFC (I don't even know what club it refers to?). However, I know the person who you're probably referring to. He buys footballs cheap and then sell them on.

So there is someone else buying these balls cheap and selling them on? Clearly there is a market for them? This means there'll be a top dollar going rate for them too?  So I'll ask once again what is the top price for each of these balls?

You sort of insisted I answered your question on this thread now I'm sort of insisting you answer mine  on here and, not send me personal messages requesting an apology.  

Its also easy to say your not the same guy as the one from DAFC.net but, can you prove it? 

17 hours ago, oxf77 said:

No, no it isnt, no matter how many times you try and claim otherwise.

As I said, even rare things can be valued. There are sports memorabilia collectors all over the world (as well as comic collectors, move memorabilia etc etc) valuing things every single day, often Id bet for things far rarer than mitre fucking footballs.

7 hours ago, P475 said:

Its also easy to say your not the same guy as the one from DAFC.net but, can you prove it? 

Google my username and you will see all the forums I have joined.  I keep the same username as I only have to remember one for all forums. 

I say there is no market because the other guy pays incredibly low prices (he only buys to sell on, whereas I collect).

6 hours ago, Mr X said:

As I said, even rare things can be valued. There are sports memorabilia collectors all over the world (as well as comic collectors, move memorabilia etc etc) valuing things every single day, often Id bet for things far rarer than mitre fucking footballs.

How can a rare item be valued correctly, if the person valuing isn't involved in the transaction (buying or selling)?

What's the value of an item on Ebay? It's the final auction price. Who chose that value? The winning buyer!

53 minutes ago, oxf77 said:

How can a rare item be valued correctly, if the person valuing isn't involved in the transaction (buying or selling)?

What's the value of an item on Ebay? It's the final auction price. Who chose that value? The winning buyer!

I dont know how, its not something I've ever done. Theres no doubt, though, that it does happen, every day, all over the world, over a range of items.

Again, why you struggle so much with the difference between the market value and the cost of an individual transaction is truly bizarre.

30 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I dont know how, its not something I've ever done. Theres no doubt, though, that it does happen, every day, all over the world, over a range of items.

Again, why you struggle so much with the difference between the market value and the cost of an individual transaction is truly bizarre.

Is the value of an item listed on Ebay determined by the winning buyer? Yes or No?

As far as I'm concerned you're out to rip off the unwary. 

Anyone selling one of these balls should get it independently valued before selling to this guy, if he is a true collector he would pay the full value and in some cases more for these baws. 

Anyone selling one of these balls should get it independently valued before selling to this guy, if he is a true collector he would pay the full value and in some cases more for these baws. 
Oh to live in a world where such a thing was possible. Unfortunately these, mass produced in the last two decades, items are rarer than a hens tooth necklace round the neck of a leprechaun sitting on his pot of gold in the lost city of Atlantis. The only way to value them is to sell them to any old shyster that comes along and take their word for it... or put them on ebay.

4 hours ago, P475 said:

Because I'm not stupid-enough to post offers  on a public forum- that's what you're basing your argument on? You sound a little naive to be honest. 

You sound like you got fleeced years ago and you're now obsessed with it.

3 hours ago, Mr X said:
5 hours ago, P475 said:

Oh to live in a world where such a thing was possible. Unfortunately these, mass produced in the last two decades, items are rarer than a hens tooth necklace round the neck of a leprechaun sitting on his pot of gold in the lost city of Atlantis. The only way to value them is to sell them to any old shyster that comes along and take their word for it... or put them on ebay.

If you're going to be sarcastic you might like to recall year 8 English Language lessons and use hyphens, illiteracy and sarcasm don't mix.

Your (poor) sarcasm implies these aren't rare items. Great, so you can show me the items I'm after appearing for sale across the internet over the last 10 years?

If you're going to be sarcastic you might like to recall year 8 English Language lessons and use hyphens, illiteracy and sarcasm don't mix.
Your (poor) sarcasm implies these aren't rare items. Great, so you can show me the items I'm after appearing for sale across the internet over the last 10 years?
Ooft - resorting to criticising grammar.

I think we're done here.

Archived