Airdrie v Sutton United

EJF

5 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Agree with most of this, although thought Victoria faded a wee bit in the second half, although he had obviously been tagged as the "danger man" having 2 sometimes 3 people round him as soon as he got possession.
Carrick's chance in the first half was the real opening but felt he narrowed the angle to much for himself when he could have possibly made it better for himself 3 or 4 touches before the shot. Conroy had a bit of a stinker and should/could probably been taken off 25 minutes before he was. MacDonald didn't look comfortable yesterday however Crighton and Robertson looked more than capable and I never thought a mistake would come from down that side.
Carrick huffed and puffed but it just didn't happen bit his effort can't be commited.
As previously mentioned, not much between the sides and Id be quite confident that if Sutton get drew against a Ross County or a Dunfermline, it would probably be their last tie in this competition this year.

Not easy rating a side after one view, and we did make six changes from the last league game.  

Good luck with the (more important) promotion push.  :thumsup2

I was at the game yesterday.  Was very even I thought. Thought it might have been a foul for the goal but the number 3 needs to stronger. He had a very poor game. Conroy was good at times on the ball but can see why the Airdrie fans get on his back. Very very slow.  Sutton were a big lump of a team. Airdrie have some of the basis of a good team up front and with the goalie and the centre halves. Probably need more dig in the middle and think they could add out on the wings.

4 minutes ago, Amber SUFC said:

Do you have a link?

Fraid not. The pic seems to have gone from the BBC site. It was a St George's Cross featuring the South London Loyal and the SU badge that looked as if it was hung up in the stand beside your fans. It's just that Loyal in Scottish football tends to be used by Rangers Int supporters so I just wondered where it came from for Sutton.

12 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Fraid not. The pic seems to have gone from the BBC site. It was a St George's Cross featuring the South London Loyal and the SU badge that looked as if it was hung up in the stand beside your fans. It's just that Loyal in Scottish football tends to be used by Rangers Int supporters so I just wondered where it came from for Sutton.

As far as I’m aware there is no Rangers link with the flag.

23 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Thanks. Was just interested. 

I've seen more (non-league) clubs in Southern England use terms like thaton flags when I went to games down there. Totally not connected with Rangers afaik.

On 09/09/2018 at 13:34, Firhill_Basin said:

I was at the game yesterday.  Was very even I thought. Thought it might have been a foul for the goal but the number 3 needs to stronger. He had a very poor game. Conroy was good at times on the ball but can see why the Airdrie fans get on his back. Very very slow.  Sutton were a big lump of a team. Airdrie have some of the basis of a good team up front and with the goalie and the centre halves. Probably need more dig in the middle and think they could add out on the wings.

I went along too. I thought Sutton looked sharper, and was surprised at how little goal threat Airdrie had. I thought after the goal Sutton would go on to score another couple but Airdrie recovered well. It was a poor goal, as said. I think Sutton will be too strong for our weaker teams but  I would fancy Arbroath or Alloa to see them off.  I couldnt see them do anything against our full time teams left in.  A direct and well organised side, without much invention in their play. 

I noticed the flag in the corner without giving it a second look, I just supposed it was St George. Good enthusiastic supporters.

PS -  I nearly went to the Falkirk Connah's Quay game, which was nearer; I'm glad I didnt from what I hear.

Archived