Dumbarton -vs- Montrose. Double Header

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good thing about this game is that the Facebook group will go into meltdown whether we win or lose. Lose and the Aitken Out movement will pepper the group, win and we will have the Aitken's Army mob and the more positive fellas giving it the told you so and where are ye hiding now type patter and I'd expect some backlash.

A draw would be a bit of a disaster in that sense IMO.

1 hour ago, KennyWilsonsMoustache said:
1 hour ago, Old Scrotum said:
Woken up this morning with a distinct feeling of optimism. Perhaps I'm sober.

Likewise strangely... perhaps it's just the symptom of the football fan. That sweet, sweet sadomasichism.

Let's hope it is Dumbarton doing the whipping today, then.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The good thing about this game is that the Facebook group will go into meltdown whether we win or lose. Lose and the Aitken Out movement will pepper the group, win and we will have the Aitken's Army mob and the more positive fellas giving it the told you so and where are ye hiding now type patter and I'd expect some backlash.

A draw would be a bit of a disaster in that sense IMO.

:lol:

I had to leave the group, it was becoming unbearable. Although, if the above happens I might have to rejoin for the night.

54 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

On the subject of nightmare games, the 1-4 drubbing by today's visitors in a 1990 cup replay must take some beating. Wee guy on the right ran Dumbarton ragged.

Martin Allen i  think his name was.Charlie Gibson also got his ankle shattered by Brad Kerr.Not a good night....think it was a replay as well.

TEAM | Adam, Ballantyne, Dyer, Dowie, Carswell, Forbes,  R Barr, Spencer, Allardice, Aitchison, Thomson. Subs - McGowan, Loy, Russell, Gallagher, Hutton #sonsvmontrose

Thomson and Aitchison up top then. I said a while back that if Stevie wanted to go direct then he should player players who are more suited to it, so that makes sense.

4 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Martin Allen i  think his name was.Charlie Gibson also got his ankle shattered by Brad Kerr.Not a good night....think it was a replay as well.

I remember that game, I can still recall the sound of the leg snapping. Martin Allan was a cracking player

Archived