Windfarms - majestic necessities or inefficient monstrosities?

banana

Windfarms - majestic necessities or inefficient monstrosities?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

In all fairness i dont mind the windfarms it's the electricity pylons i hate think they are more an eyesore than the windfarms.

The other thing yes they might be great for renewable energy but to say they reduce the carbon footprint is in a way nonsense as look at the resources used to make one of them,  I would say it is more cancelling out the other.

In Fife they have cows, horses  and sheep grazing, shitting and farting around and below each turbine. The carbon footprint in Fife must be hell to measure. :1eye

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a result of extensive research, i have found a strong correlation between nuclear power and certain causes of death.

The only option is to use a combination of wind and emmissions capture technology. You can do your bit at home using a device called a dutch oven.

power-generated-by-nuclear-power-plants-us_number-of-people-who-died-by-becoming-tangled-in-their-bedsheets.png

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

As a result of extensive research, i have found a strong correlation between nuclear power and certain causes of death.

The only option is to use a combination of wind and emmissions capture technology. You can do your bit at home using a device called a dutch oven.

power-generated-by-nuclear-power-plants-us_number-of-people-who-died-by-becoming-tangled-in-their-bedsheets.png

Man, I love that site, manufacture your own correlation :thumsup2

They're  ugly as sin and a blot on the landscape but we need more renewable energy.

Wind, tidal and nuclear all have a part to play in meeting our energy needs in the future. We need to have a reliable capacity for generating power and it needs to be varied enough that we can cope with a drop in production from wind (by having sufficient tidal and nuclear capacity to cope).

No way to avoid them unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

They're  ugly as sin and a blot on the landscape but we need more renewable energy.

Wind, tidal and nuclear all have a part to play in meeting our energy needs in the future. We need to have a reliable capacity for generating power and it needs to be varied enough that we can cope with a drop in production from wind (by having sufficient tidal and nuclear capacity to cope).

No way to avoid them unfortunately.

They've been around for years and I haven't hit one yet.

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

As long as the turbines have 3 blades then I'm happy. 

Those 'Tesco two blades' can GTF though.

Funnily enough 2 blade turbines are, in the main more efficient at harnessing energy than 3 blades. However 3 blades are more aesthically pleasing.

Archived