Monday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crashed out and missed the last quarter but I'm going to assume I didn't miss anything???
That was absolute dugshite from Detroit, we looked great in the first 20 seconds but abysmal for the rest, I said earlier that our Defence looked gutless and that is the saddest thing from last night, over the last few seasons it has been our D that has won us or closed out games not the O and to see that tool dismantled was disheartening, the running game failed to appear and Stafford should have been hooked he was obviously out of form and seriously injured, how he could run after his knee being bent like that I don't know and when he was double teamed and the little birds were flying around his head would have been the ideal time to bench him without the headlines of "Franchise Player Dropped" coming out!!!
During the pre season Cassel was the guy who won our only game and he's an experienced player he could have been well suited to weathering the storm rather than letting the face of the Franchise get more beaten out of shape!!!
It's shite being a East Fife/Scotland/Lions fan!!!☹️

Forgot that we met Eric Dickerson on the BART train out to the game last night... cool guy. While I was chatting to him Fox phoned him up asking if he would appear as a pre-game guest for them next week for the Rams game. He said 'how much y'all planning on paying me?', before laughing at the figure he was quoted. 

On 9/11/2018 at 08:56, CountyFan said:

Well that was interesting. Raiders fans are fully deserving of their reputation! Never seen anything like it. Although even fans as rabid as those are fickle; seeing them all stream out after Carr's second pick was glorious. 

22 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Forgot that we met Eric Dickerson on the BART train out to the game last night... cool guy. While I was chatting to him Fox phoned him up asking if he would appear as a pre-game guest for them next week for the Rams game. He said 'how much y'all planning on paying me?', before laughing at the figure he was quoted. 

I watched the condensed game on GamePass, and it really hit home the advantage we'll be losing by leaving Oakland. Everyone dressed in black and just so much noise - it must be intimidating to play against. You just won't get that in Vegas. I get the reasons for relocating, and generally have backed it in order for the franchise to move forward, but everything will feel a bit plastic when the move is complete. Home games that'll probably feel more like a Wembley game than anything else.

How was the Coliseum? I'm heading out for my first ever visit to see the Raiders against the Browns in Week 4. Most likely getting the BART as well - easy enough to get to from San Francisco (where I assume you were staying as well)?

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I watched the condensed game on GamePass, and it really hit home the advantage we'll be losing by leaving Oakland. Everyone dressed in black and just so much noise - it must be intimidating to play against. You just won't get that in Vegas. I get the reasons for relocating, and generally have backed it in order for the franchise to move forward, but everything will feel a bit plastic when the move is complete. Home games that'll probably feel more like a Wembley game than anything else.

How was the Coliseum? I'm heading out for my first ever visit to see the Raiders against the Browns in Week 4. Most likely getting the BART as well - easy enough to get to from San Francisco (where I assume you were staying as well)?

The coliseum was amazing but really shit as well if that makes sense. Like the history, atmosphere etc was great but it's a hovel basically. Good selection of beers but bad selection of food imo. 

The BART is a doddle, if you're in central SF you can get it from Montgomery, embercardo or powell? (I think). It's less than ten dollars return and is approx 25 mins each way. 

SF itself is an interesting place and overrated IMO. A lot of poverty for a supposedly super-rich city. Shout if you want some recommendations for stuff to do and restaurants tho, we managed to cram quite a lot in. Alcatraz is a must and you have to book that in advance so do that now if you haven't already. 

14 hours ago, CountyFan said:

The coliseum was amazing but really shit as well if that makes sense. Like the history, atmosphere etc was great but it's a hovel basically. Good selection of beers but bad selection of food imo. 

The BART is a doddle, if you're in central SF you can get it from Montgomery, embercardo or powell? (I think). It's less than ten dollars return and is approx 25 mins each way. 

SF itself is an interesting place and overrated IMO. A lot of poverty for a supposedly super-rich city. Shout if you want some recommendations for stuff to do and restaurants tho, we managed to cram quite a lot in. Alcatraz is a must and you have to book that in advance so do that now if you haven't already. 

Alcatraz is already booked, as is a San Francisco Giants game and the Raiders. Only really got one full day left after that, so hopefully can fit some more touristy shite in there - bus tour maybe. Haven’t even looked at places to eat though!

We’re staying near Union Square so looks like the Montgomery stop is nearby - was it busy getting on at the SF side with game traffic? Glad you enjoyed the Coliseum though - can’t wait to see it before the relocation. Always hearing about how much of an absolute dive it is, but that’s part of the charm in these days of everyone having state of the art dome arenas. Did you get any grief from the home fans? Seems like it’s not the most welcoming place for visiting fans.

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Alcatraz is already booked, as is a San Francisco Giants game and the Raiders. Only really got one full day left after that, so hopefully can fit some more touristy shite in there - bus tour maybe. Haven’t even looked at places to eat though!

We’re staying near Union Square so looks like the Montgomery stop is nearby - was it busy getting on at the SF side with game traffic? Glad you enjoyed the Coliseum though - can’t wait to see it before the relocation. Always hearing about how much of an absolute dive it is, but that’s part of the charm in these days of everyone having state of the art dome arenas. Did you get any grief from the home fans? Seems like it’s not the most welcoming place for visiting fans.

Deliberately didn't wear any rams gear but there were plenty who did and they got no bother as far as I could see. Was still a really intimidating atmosphere though. I wore my rams hat when I was doing all the touristy stuff round San Fran and got the odd comment but no grief. Seemed to be more raiders fans in SF than 9ers but it might just have been because they were at home that weekend. I knew Oakland and SF were close but I didn't know that Oakland is actually bigger population wise and just how close it was - sf is so expensive that most of the service industry staff seem to live across in Oakland. 

I've got an early flight so I've stayed up to watch this.

Seahawks offence has been putrid. Wilson has been hanging onto the ball far too long, and our receivers aren't getting any separation. The Bears marched right down the field in their first drive, but since we've forced two turnovers, thanks to Griffin, we should be out of the game, but somehow are clinging on.

Utter garbage on offence but kept it to a one score game. The pick six killed us.

It wasn't a game to remember for Wilson, he's was at fault for the pick, fumble and a few of the sacks. Up there with his first half against Green Bay in the divisional game.

Only positives is that the defence did alright considering Wagner and Wright are both out injured. We need to lean on Carson more, he's averaging 4.0 yards a carry, use him.

Had an early flight so caught most of the second half and it was very poor to watch. Right team won but nothing special on offence from either team.

Can’t stand Seattle but I really feel for Wilson. That offensive line is horrible, he’s running for his life half the time!

Archived