Livi v The Rangers

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Presbyterian said:

I think Livi will start as if their lives depended on victory but Rangers are playing with a lot of quality at the moment and I think it could end up being a bit of a long day for the home team, Gers to win by 2 clear goals would be my guess.

I think the one big difference is that I've yet to see a team that defends with the same urgency we do. Our players like to throw themselves into big meaty challenges and love putting their head in where it hurts. I reckon in the middle Pittman and Byrne will be fine, hopefully Jacobs starts but Sibbald would give us extra quality. Our weakness is up top, without Hardie, Miller and De Vita we'll likely go with Scott Robinson and Dolly Menga. Hopefully Menga's pace pulls through on the day

'The Rangers Forum'?  Eh?  Like there's just one?
Your pitch is shite, though.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] Wev got more forums than you!

#forumwank

Anyway, good luck Livi. Dealt with the Sun, hopefully can deal with the *** too.

Sibbald with the winner [emoji7]

43 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think the one big difference is that I've yet to see a team that defends with the same urgency we do. Our players like to throw themselves into big meaty challenges and love putting their head in where it hurts. I reckon in the middle Pittman and Byrne will be fine, hopefully Jacobs starts but Sibbald would give us extra quality. Our weakness is up top, without Hardie, Miller and De Vita we'll likely go with Scott Robinson and Dolly Menga. Hopefully Menga's pace pulls through on the day

I seen Livi close up at the end of last season, they do indeed have a big physical presence. The thing with Rangers is that the midfield is very strong and on form, so I think that’s where the game will be won (or lost) , I would suggest Livi haven’t met anyone of the current standard of the present Gers team and, with all due respect,  the reasonable step up in quality might see them struggle.... we will see.

33 minutes ago, Presbyterian said:

I seen Livi close up at the end of last season, they do indeed have a big physical presence. The thing with Rangers is that the midfield is very strong and on form, so I think that’s where the game will be won (or lost) , I would suggest Livi haven’t met anyone of the current standard of the present Gers team and, with all due respect,  the reasonable step up in quality might see them struggle.... we will see.

I think you're forgetting though that we're actually matching your form almost game for game apart from defensive/offensive records.

We played Celtic under KM if it wasn't under him I reckon we'd have had a chance to get something out that. We matched Hearts despite them being more on form and top of the league.

It's a team full of players that thrive for big games

1 hour ago, Presbyterian said:

Your last sentence sums up why we're on level points with you and Hibs, we're vastly underestimated by teams when they think we haven't any quality players.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png Wev got more forums than you!

#forumwank

Anyway, good luck Livi. Dealt with the Sun, hopefully can deal with the *** too.

Sibbald with the winner emoji7.png

Bursting for Sibbs and Hardie to be back playing, Hardie wont be back for this game with it being against his parent club but Sibbs might, he was impressive in the Betfred cup games before getting an injury in a bloody friendly at Gateshead. Raffa is back training too, it'll be like getting new signings when they're all back and it'll improve our team a fair bit too.

We're doing no bad playing without the three of them right enough, just wait till they're back though, what a boost it'll be.

26 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Claiming to have real quality yet are desperate to have Ryan Hardie back playing :lol:

That bit of ignorance is why I really hope Rangers let him go at the end of the season :D Boy is magic

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

That bit of ignorance is why I really hope Rangers let him go at the end of the season :D Boy is magic

I’ve followed his career for years. He is a truly dreadful player that is a million miles short of being good enough for Rangers. 

I used to go watch the under 20s and we had a few that looked decent but never made it.

Andy Murdoch and Robbie Crawford are another two.

Craig Halkett and Luca Gasparato are another two 

The same Rangers supporters raving about Hardie are the same ones that were raving about Charlie Telfer when we sold him to United. 

He may flourish at a club like Livi where expectations are less. He wouldn’t be the first and certainly won’t be the last that crumbled playing at Ibrox 

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I’ve followed his career for years. He is a truly dreadful player that is a million miles short of being good enough for Rangers. 

I used to go watch the under 20s and we had a few that looked decent but never made it.

The same Rangers supporters raving about Hardie are the same ones that were raving about Charlie Telfer when we sold him to United. 

He may flourish at a club like Livi where expectations are less. He wouldn’t be the first and certainly won’t be the last that crumbled playing at Ibrox 

No he isn't, he was fantastic for us last season and a real handful for defenders. He reads the game really well and scored some cracking goals. Halkett was the best defender in the Championship last season too, and is strolling it in the Premiership, you've let some cracking players go that have flourished at Livi, then signed some of them up again years later. Looks like Kelly is another one too.

I mentioned Halkett in an earlier post. I did rate him but he was playing alongside Gasporato who always seemed to get more attention 

I’ve watched Hardie since he was a youngster and he is exactly how I described him. Never good enough for Rangers first team 

Other youngsters have flourished away from Ibrox. The most recent and obvious one is Kane Hemmings. Was doing well and banging in goals in a higher league than Rangers were in. Came back from Loan spell and couldn’t hit a barn door . Went to Dundee and was excellent. You have to remember these are young lads and some crumble under the pressure.

At St Mirren young Hardie was awful. I actually thought Tom Walsh would have made it there but he flopped as well although he endeared himself to their support by scoring against Morton

So it’s not really ignorance on my part. I have watched these guys over a number of years at different levels and IMO Hardie will never be a first team player at Rangers. If he does it at a lower level where expectations are less then good luck to him. He ll go at the end of the season with my best wishes

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I mentioned Halkett in an earlier post. I did rate him but he was playing alongside Gasporato who always seemed to get more attention 

I’ve watched Hardie since he was a youngster and he is exactly how I described him. Never good enough for Rangers first team 

Other youngsters have flourished away from Ibrox. The most recent and obvious one is Kane Hemmings. Was doing well and banging in goals in a higher league than Rangers were in. Came back from Loan spell and couldn’t hit a barn door . Went to Dundee and was excellent. You have to remember these are young lads and some crumble under the pressure.

At St Mirren young Hardie was awful. I actually thought Tom Walsh would have made it there but he flopped as well although he endeared himself to their support by scoring against Morton

So it’s not really ignorance on my part. I have watched these guys over a number of years at different levels and IMO Hardie will never be a first team player at Rangers. If he does it at a lower level where expectations are less then good luck to him. He ll go at the end of the season with my best wishes

Interesting analysis. How often do you find that the standouts at that level are given first team opportunities? 

Hardie is clearly a very good player at Championship level so I am keen to see how he transitions to the Premiership. I am hopeful he does well and we get him for a development fee at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I sincerely hope your attitude is the same as the powers that be at Ibrox/Murray Park. Hardie has been nothing short of excellent for us, and has looked a constant threat both inside and outside the box. If he can transition into the Premiership coming off this injury then if he can get anywhere between 5-10 goals for us, I'll be delighted.

Thanks for Kelly and Halkett, also.

11 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Halkett is up there in terms of the best defenders in Scotland right now. Surely not far from a call up but doubt he’ll get it while with us tbh.

Archived