Where will we see the Scottish Cup giant killers

Blackie Gold

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the results go as expected today the cup will basically turn into the West of Scotland cup.  The giant killers will be anyone who might beat Talbot later on in the cup 

Talbot should win today but FWE are no mugs. If they turn up and play the way they can could be interesting.

To get back on topic, surprises, if not exactly giant killers, Broughty Athletic taking four off Benburb and Craigmark winning at Bathgate. Again a lot of mismatches with a ten, three nines, an eight and another handfull of seven and six goal wins. Hopefully the next round will produce some closer games.

(Pre-topic announcement, I was at the Beith match) I travel around many Ayrshire games as a Junior enthusiast & was delighted to see the Craigmark result. I’ve previously been at 3 of their games (1 at Station Park & 2 away) and although they don’t have the best technical players in the league they are certainly a structured team (much the same as Irvine Vics). I know it’ll be hard for Craigmark but if they can keep a hold of their management team (as I’ve heaed there’s interest) & their players then I think they’ll be ok. Yet again I’ve only seen a few games so nothing concrete, like to see an underdog do well though.

5 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Not even trying tae deny it... Tells its own story!!!

One season wonder would be winning hee haw 20/30 year then wan amazing season then nothing fur 20/30 year again but whatever wee fairytale suits you pal you keep telling yourself that :thumsup2

That's according to yourself. You had one good season, should have built on it to replicate the following season but didn't, won heehaw and became one season wonders.

22 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Haha don't you start being the spelling polis aswell now
Tough game today there pitch is a great leveller I fancy candy 2-1
I done my coupon
Rob Roy
Gartcairn
Darvel
Benburb
Rossvale
Beith
Fingers crossed lol

You picked out the two hard ones. Unlucky!

Proud of the second half display by Cumbernauld United yesterday....a real ball buster to put us out of the cup in the dying seconds. Patter was good between fans , no great debatable points .....and I have still to meet an Ayrshire team not playing against 14 .....as for those who decided to leave the junior set up why do you not just shut your holes and get on with  life else where.Let us be honest folks the junior scene was your life blood for decades why make snidey  plooky school boy comments now ? Once again well played Andy and the boys at United and good luck to Glenafton in the next round

15 hours ago, TheAftonArmyBear said:

Nah that's a fact pal. Let me break it down for your tiny mind. One season. Means only one season. Wonder is a positive description in this case meaning success. So successful for one season.  From cumnock fans I'd expect such pish. Would have thought you would simply enjoy the fact you lot are the most successful team in the grade. But hey ho

albert-einstein---scientific-hero.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Next round being drawn? Cheers

The draw for the 3rd round of the Macron Scottish Junior Cup will take place in The Sun offices in Glasgow on Tuesday 9th October at 2.00pm Ties to be played on 27th October

Archived