Ayr Utd vs Dundee Utd

Standing same place. Seemed like he saved it more than scooped it would be a better description, he missed the slide tackle and stopped it with his hands, otherwise the forward would have been clean through. Bit sneaky of him and seemed definitely deliberate on his part and a clear yellow. Highlights to clear it up then

I too was on the north terrace definitely a deliberate hand ball. I actually thought the ref had a good game.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

I too was on the north terrace definitely a deliberate hand ball. I actually thought the ref had a good game.

Maybe I caught it a split second too late but I don't think so... will need to see the highlights. That decision probably coloured my view on Aitken's performance. However, I felt both linesmen were good.

Aitken even blew for a foul for us (a rare occurrence) near the end when we had a clear advantage and McDaid was going to pick up the ball in midfield. Why he blew I'll never know, a truly awful call. Not the worst ref but a definite officious pedant.

First half I thought was fairly even and both teams were actually pretty average/poor. The second 45 we had a good chunk of possession but we were aimless with our passing and the only brief moments of hope came from set-pieces rather than open play. Ayr had four or five ridiculously good chances and really should have won by more goals in the end. 

Maybe I caught it a split second too late but I don't think so... will need to see the highlights. That decision probably coloured my view on Aitken's performance. However, I felt both linesmen were good.
Aitken even blew for a foul for us (a rare occurrence) near the end when we had a clear advantage and McDaid was going to pick up the ball in midfield. Why he blew I'll never know, a truly awful call. Not the worst ref but a definite officious pedant.

Agree he got that call wrong but over the piece he did okay.

My word Dundee United are Jobby

We weren't particularly good today to be fair and still strolled it. Dundee United could've played for a week and not score.

Mark Kerr was simply exceptional. Ran the show in the middle of the park. Pleasing Steven Bell got the sponsors man of the match. I was worried pre season having to rely on him but he's proved me wrong.

Wee Ayr United eh, team playing with midfielders in centre defense and top of the league. Pleasing

Guest DAVIDB69

Would you be allowed to play at your ground if you got promoted . I went a couple of seasons ago, the main stand seemed like a fire hazard

Would you be allowed to play at your ground if you got promoted . I went a couple of seasons ago, the main stand seemed like a fire hazard
Fire Hazard?

You bloody IOSH trained? I'm sure there are plenty of mitigating factors in place to prevent this occurrence

Competed well :thumsup2

Clean sheet :thumsup2

Shankland goal - standard :thumsup2

Could have scored more :thumsup2

Somerset Road end roar :thumsup2

Top of the league :thumsup2

Big Jamie won everything today, what a career turnaround for that big gorgeous man.

So many good solid performances again without being brilliant.

We beat Dundee United today! - still a big scalp in my eyes

tenor.gif?itemid=7228933

2 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Looked far more than 2,000 Ayr fans.

Even the seated area was full:

Do11SVhXkAUZ3Cn.jpg

I agree, think we're maybe fiddling the figures. :shutup

The North Terrace was pretty busy (not unusual given the sunshine) but I thought the attendance looked on a par with the Partick Thistle game.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The North Terrace was pretty busy (not unusual given the sunshine) but I thought the attendance looked on a par with the Partick Thistle game.

There was hardly many large gaps in terracing i noticed.   Behind goal was packed and so was along edge of pitch, previously its either one or the other.

Are clubs taxed on official attendances...

There are 1,500 seats there, and we filled out our corner too.

8 minutes ago, steve55 said:

There was hardly many large gaps in terracing i noticed.   Behind goal was packed and so was along edge of pitch, previously its either one or the other.

Are clubs taxed on official attendances...

There are 1,500 seats there, and we filled out our corner too.

Yes, as I mentioned in an earlier post I'd have said definitely over 3,000 there today. There were a few spare seats in the stand but not that many and the North Terracing was much busier than normal.

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Dunfermline Athletic, Shirley?

Archived