Calling Cards of Morons

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pubs that take card are fine for an emergency if you get caught short. But if you are going to a pub and purposefully do not get cash because it takes card, you are a massive bell end whose death cannot come soon enough for the betterment of pub harmony in Scotland.

Pubs are under attack from all angles these days, they do not need their punters turning into uppity wankers too.

I would rather walk for miles in heavy rain than pay for a round of drinks by card.

I would hope my mates would pitchfork me for even suggesting I pay by card.

Just now, Romeo said:

Should it be the same in shops then for buying £5 worth of food?

Depends on the shop.

Tesco etc it's fine. If you go into a wee local corner shop and pay for your £3.85 purchase with a debit card you're clearly OFTW

Just now, Romeo said:

How much is the service charge on £5?

I don't know. But profit margins for local stores are tight enough in that it could be wiped by a service charge for something less than a fiver. Some stores refuse to take card transactions for less than a fiver.

6 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don't know. But profit margins for local stores are tight enough in that it could be wiped by a service charge for something less than a fiver. Some stores refuse to take card transactions for less than a fiver.

Just checked it's about 1.25p per £5 or £2.50 for £1000

Service charge is more for credit cards it would seem. Considering local shops completely rip the arse out of prices they can do one if they are saying that's crippling them.

Of course if you were to walk into a local shop and ask to spend £1000 it'd be red carpet treatment all the way.

If that makes me OFTW then so be it, bring on a cashless society.

Edited by Romeo

30 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just checked it's about 1.25p per £5 or £2.50 for £1000

Service charge is more for credit cards it would seem. Considering local shops completely rip the arse out of prices they can do one if they are saying that's crippling them.

If that makes me OFTW then so be it, bring on a cashless society.

You're already OFTW anyway so it doesn't really matter.

f**k all wrong with paying for a round via contactless. Less heavy change to carry round.

Seems that all the alpha males on here think that buying a round with actual cash is a very macho thing to do and are under severe peer pressure from their mates.

Probably sit at home listening to 78's on a gramaphone and ride a penny farthing to work instead of one of those new fangled horseless carriges.

What's the problem with paying for a round of drinks by card? :huh:

If I'm at a busy bar I'd far rather the guy in front of me had a quick flash of his card then fucked off rather than hang about waiting on his change. 

You daft Falkirk dinosaurs. 

On 1/9/2019 at 22:06, tarapoa said:

The equivalent in the oil & gas industry would be folk that dress in polo shirts/jackets etc branded with whatever project they worked on, or some slogan.

e.g Kuparak Sands, Biddly Bong Wyoming 2011, 2 Years without a Lost Time Accident

Used to work with a guy that had a jacket, rucksack bag for work and hat all with different slogans from different companies, 

and a range of Polo shirts that made him a walking advert. Aberdeen is full of these twats

Used to work with a guy that had a jacket, rucksack bag for work and hat all with different slogans from different companies, 
and a range of Polo shirts that made him a walking advert. Aberdeen is full of these twats
cant see anything wrong here. is it not just a case of him wearing clothes he got for free at work rather than buying clothes?

i had a regatta jacket years ago i used to wear for walking the dog that had an angus council logo on the front. it was a great jacket and cost me f**k all. win win!

Although my local does take card I can safely say the entire pub is thinking 'tosser' if someone pays by card for drink.
Last weekend I handed over a £10 note for a drink and got this lot back in change. It didn't cross my mind for two days that I could've paid by card if they were short of fivers, pound coins and fucking 50 pence pieces too!20190105_192119.jpg