Juniors In At Tier 6

locheeboy

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Quality isn't the issue. The issue is two leagues covering the same geographical area. Clubs joined the EOS on the understanding it was the sole league in the pyramid for clubs within the east. Why should there be two leagues covering one area all because of archaic divides over grades.

I disagree with you. Junior clubs that moved over joined for a number of reasons and I would suspect the main one being able to obtain a license then to progress through the leagues, not because they thought there should only be one association whereby you can make progress.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic news for the West region.

I imagine over time there will be a merger of sorts in the East, cutting it from 2 leagues to 1. The clubs who left this season and forced change have to be given credit for forcing the issue and making change happen.

Now we just need to wait for the detail...

You'll probably not have to worry about that end of the table for a wee while Querty, ...it doesn't look as if Ladeside will even be in the top division for the start of the 2019 / 20 season. [emoji20] 
Plenty of points still left to play for, fully expect ladeside to finish out of relegation spots .

IMO this will cause a slow death of the Ersjfa, it's widely accepted that the EOS is now the place to be in the east, therefore won't teams dropping down automatically choose the EOS, diluting the quality of the ERJs

I do also get the idea though that it should be easier to get back into the promotion playoffs if they went to the ERJ's.

Bit of a cluster in the east tbh

5 minutes ago, Jeek said:

IMO this will cause a slow death of the Ersjfa, it's widely accepted that the EOS is now the place to be in the east, therefore won't teams dropping down automatically choose the EOS, diluting the quality of the ERJs

I do also get the idea though that it should be easier to get back into the promotion playoffs if they went to the ERJ's.

Bit of a cluster in the east tbh

Why do you think the ERJFA will die ? 36 member clubs left after the 25 moved to ERJFA...Maybe some of those clubs might consider moving back

Why do you think the ERJFA will die ? 36 member clubs left after the 25 moved to ERJFA...Maybe some of those clubs might consider moving back

People that have moved seem to prefer it, the level of organisation seems to be the most obvious reason. Are there any big (non Tayside) east juniors left?

Only my humble opinion of course.

2 minutes ago, Jeek said:
10 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

People that have moved seem to prefer it, the level of organisation seems to be the most obvious reason. Are there any big (non Tayside) east juniors left?

You obviously re not talking about all the clubs, as I know quite a few who are far from happy.  There are 36 member clubs in  the ERJFA  how do you define a big club ?  

Just now, locheeboy said:

I know quite a few who are far from happy.

How many and on what grounds?

This move makes sense in the West and North, moving them wholesale into the Pyramid is a no brainer.  The flip side is it would create a clusterfuck in the East, hence why don't assume this is a done deal as far as the East is concerned.

35 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

That's the issue with leagues covering the same area. Flipping flopping wherever it might suit them.

Example: X amount of clubs miss out on tier 6 EoS Premier, the East Region fancy having those clubs in their association and offer spaces in the Tier 6 Super League.

EDIT: Same could of course be true of a club in the West Region. Sugar daddy type owner takes over a West League One or League Two side from Ayrshire and decides to move to the South of Scotland thinking it an easier pathway up the pyramid.

4 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

You seem to know everything else why do I need to tell you about the clubs who are not happy. Try speaking to a few guys at your own club to start with. 

So you're making it up, no surprise there.

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

Why should there be blood in the East ? EoS winner will go into the play off with the ERJFA winner, WRJFA and the SoS winners. No blood needing to be spilled

Correct ..simples really .should have been sorted years ago . 

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So you're making it up, no surprise there.

No....It is not my place to name clubs and I was not joking about your own club. Burnieman I am not point scoring. If you think everything is rosy in the EoS with all the ex junior clubs then you are a fool. A lot of unhappy clubs out there.

Just now, locheeboy said:

No....It is not my place to name clubs and I was not joking about your own club. Burnieman I am not point scoring. If you think everything is rosy in the EoS with all the ex junior clubs then you are a fool. A lot of unhappy clubs out there.

My club is very happy, not very happy with our performances so far but happy with where we're headed. Licence application to be submitted in the next couple of months and Scottish Cup entry for next season.  Please don't use my club to try and point score.

Again you say "a lot" define a lot and expand on exactly what they are not happy with?

45 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Do we f**k mate. Take organisation and planning over knowing ur fixture a week in advance any day only one i see moving back is dundonald

4 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

One club is Dundonald not a lot because they took the hump because they made a.mistake and we're punished for it

Archived