Falkirk FC v Ayr United FC

Just now, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Hoping to get a taxi from a Linlithgow hostelry (we'll do the Falkirk pubs in March). Any obvious flaws with this cunning plan?

What's the facilities like ????

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Uglies derby aside, they'd struggle to top 25,000 for a lot of games. To reinforce Gaz's point, they now have an awful lot more families, women & children attending.

There's no doubt that the crowds increased after the redevelopment of Parkhead, however they actually picked up in the couple of years prior, which actually coincided with the new era under McCann rather than the new stadium which of course didn't open until late 1998.

I stick by my argument that results and performances on the pitch influence attendance figures far more than what facilities are on offer in the stands, however I'll take your point as some of you undoubtedly believe otherwise and we'll just leave it there if you're all fine with that ?

Let's get back to Falkirk v Ayr and whether or not you can confirm your "revival" or will the Ayrshire Aces continue their relentless march (Palmerston aside) to the Premiership Promiseland..........

Slightly less confident about this one after Falkirks impressive draw with County however if we play the way we know we can then I’d expect us to pick up the three points. 

McCall again has a selection headache with a fully fit squad (AFAIA) to pick from. 

Personally i’d go: 

Doohan

Smith Bell Rose Harvie

McDaid Murdoch Kerr Forrest 

Moffat Shankland

Bench  - Hare-Reid, Geggan, Adams, Docherty, Crawford, McGuffie, Moore 

32 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Hoping to get a taxi from a Linlithgow hostelry (we'll do the Falkirk pubs in March). Any obvious flaws with this cunning plan?

There is a severe lack of taxis in Linlithgow. You’ll struggle to flag one and I don't believe there is a taxi rank so have one booked in advance. Bruce’s or express taxis are your best options.

Joking aside, we'd be utterly ecstatic with another point. Just delighted to see our players show some commitment and organisation.

A lot of talk about when Ayr's bubble will burst but as Livi have taught us, all you need is a team on the pitch who play for each other and a real desire. McCall is amazing, one of those coaches who has every player turning up and enjoying football. A good time to be an Ayr fan.

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Joking aside, we'd be utterly ecstatic with another point. Just delighted to see our players show some commitment and organisation.

A lot of talk about when Ayr's bubble will burst but as Livi have taught us, all you need is a team on the pitch who play for each other and a real desire. McCall is amazing, one of those coaches who has every player turning up and enjoying football. A good time to be an Ayr fan.

Yes, we don't get these good times very often, so it is fantastic the way things have been going for us and especially our performances.

Talking about bubbles bursting, I did think this way myself after the first few games and ironically the only match I felt confident about was QOS away (and we know how that turned out), however Falkirk, despite your problems, is always a tough game and a hard place to go, so I'm taking absolutely nothing for granted in this one and would probably be happy with an entertaining 2-2 draw (with Shankland on the scoresheet of course)........

9 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

If anything, Ayr are exceeding Livingston this season, and then some.

53 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Best jumping on a train from Linlithgow station to Polmont/Falkirk high and getting a taxi at the station down.

You would be very unlucky to get hit for a ticket on the train especially if you jump off at Polmont.

Linlithgow is a nice place but it has no taxi service of any sort, I’ve been stranded there a few times after missing the last train after a night out.

You’d be better off phoning a falkirk taxi to come and pick you up, Bruces or express are the best ones.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Get a train to Polmont or Falkirk High, much easier (and cheaper) to get a taxi from there.

Archived