The usual festive bombardment.

Is it me or is the usual expected festive bombardment by tv, media, p***ks at work somewhat lacking this year. 

Perhaps people are far too busy with the poppy frenzy. Then there's black friday I suppose to keep them occupied. 

Or maybe, just maybe, my filter has turned up to 11.

Anyways, I've not been seeing it. Not even some w**k with his lights up. Yet. No bad thing IMO.

It'll not be far away though :lol: 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's loads of folk on my facebook posting pictures of Will Farrell in Elf, getting all excitable. I genuinely hope they have a horrible Christmas and their kids hate everything "Santa" buys them.

Like the poppy, Christmas has lost all meaning. My hatred for this time of year grows each year.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's loads of folk on my facebook posting pictures of Will Farrell in Elf, getting all excitable. I genuinely hope they have a horrible Christmas and their kids hate everything "Santa" buys them.

Like the poppy, Christmas has lost all meaning. My hatred for this time of year grows each year.

Christmas has lost all meaning? I'll take the time off work, Christmas night out with the work and then pals plus the all day session on the day over any  meaning Christmas might once have had.

Just now, LeeVanTeeth said:

Christmas has lost all meaning? I'll take the time off work, Christmas night out with the work and then pals plus the all day session on the day over any  meaning Christmas might once have had.

Point illustrated quite nicely, thank you.

11 minutes ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Yeah, I'll enjoy myself. If you prefer bumping yer gums about people wearing poppies and Facebook posts you don't have to fucking read then good luck to you.

I haven't ever moaned about people wearing poppies, but thanks for your wishes.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Christmas is the best time of the year by far, I'm all for people getting excited about it.

I totally agree.  I love Christmas.

However it should be confined to the month of December.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I totally agree.  I love Christmas.

However it should be confined to the month of December.

Starts in  September here - I'm considered a Scrooge because I won't put up the tree until December 1st at the earliest.  If the wife and son want to look at a Christmas tree in September they have plenty of neighbours trees to look at.

I love Christmas though. 

The last Christmas I celebrated was 2014. In 2015 I was living in a wee town and saw how as soon as the one shop in the town changed its display and in store music, everyone changed what they talked about and the convo became Christmas. It was such an obvious demonstration of the annual Xmas exploitation of the masses. Honestly much prefer not being a part of it. Much easier. Bit depressing to watch from the outside though.

Archived