Bradford

ayrshire_nomad

Bradford is a lot better than it was 15 years ago, there are plenty of pubs in the city centre around the Main train station and the shopping centre. I liked the Old Bank but wasnt a fan of the Ginger Goose when up earlier in the year...but as HoN says, Leeds is far far better for a night out.

8 hours ago, Jason King said:

Bradford is a lot better than it was 15 years ago, there are plenty of pubs in the city centre around the Main train station and the shopping centre. I liked the Old Bank but wasnt a fan of the Ginger Goose when up earlier in the year...but as HoN says, Leeds is far far better for a night out.

It's a lot better than it was even 5 years ago, but that bit is still mental. Get on Google maps and take a 10 minute walk to North Parade, a few good pubs there, some doing curries. The Record Bar and The Sparrow are current favourites.

21 hours ago, Heart of Northern said:
23 hours ago, hk blues said:
And in typical P&B fashion... 
Q- What's the best place for a night out in Bradford?
A = Leeds!

Ama right tho m8?

I worked a bit in  Leeds and passed through Bradford a couple of times.

The correct answer would be Manchester!  

I worked a bit in  Leeds and passed through Bradford a couple of times.
The correct answer would be Manchester!  
I used to see a girl from Leeds years ago so my knowledge of present day Bradford is gash. Obviously my comment was a bit of a joke.
But back then Leeds had some great music clubs. Colours,Back to Basics and Hard Times if my memory serves me right.

31 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:
41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:
Bollocks, Leeds is much better. Manchester Centre is a bit of a coup in places.

It was over 25 years ago when I was visiting Leeds but I can remember nice old shopping arcade and a massive indoor place on a couple of levels. Good bars and clubs as well.

It can be expensive though. The opposite of Bradford. I was in the nut house, The Ginger Goose and the barmaid questioned me why I only bought one pint of John  Smiths at a time, when they were selling them for £1.50.

Archived