Rangers vs Livingston 24th November

19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Some of the bitter posts on here from the Sevco fans, that 1-0 defeat really hurt them.

Suppose it is flattering that they're so happy about beating us this time,  the gulf in finances should've made it a comfortable home win long before it was, so with Menga being suspended i'm pretty happy we made a decent game of it and didn't get blown away. 

We rested some of our better players ahead of a crucial European game and still won comfortably 

Nobody is bitter at Livi winning the first game. Not sure about others but I’ve already said 1-0 Livi score line flattered Rangers in a game Livi thoroughly deserved to win.

Rangers thoroughly deserved to win yesterday and 3-0 in no way flattered them in a game they dominated. Livi had a decent 20 mins at start of second half. The other 70 minutes they were chasing around trying to get a touch of the ball

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

We rested some of our better players ahead of a crucial European game and still won comfortably 

Nobody is bitter at Livi winning the first game. Not sure about others but I’ve already said 1-0 Livi score line flattered Rangers in a game Livi thoroughly deserved to win.

Rangers thoroughly deserved to win yesterday and 3-0 in no way flattered them in a game they dominated. Livi had a decent 20 mins at start of second half. The other 70 minutes they were chasing around trying to get a touch of the ball

You previously quoted 60/40% possession split and the SkySports app I’ve got says similar (57/43%) so I don’t accept Livi spent 70 minutes chasing the ball. It’s evident in the highlights just how anxious the home support were so i think this reinforces the opinion it was not routine.

Anyway, results against the big Glasgow two are not going to make or break our season and it’s good to have a free swing. Hoping we’ll kick on when injured players return. Ironically, we might soon have a good attacking threat but lose some of our defensive players. Ach well, I’ll enjoy it while it lasts!

19 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

The game reflected a 1-0 scoreline, Rangers got their second after we began to dominate the game for a 20 minute spell and threw Morelos on as a result of us taking control and them being scared at conceding. The second came from a big counter attack when we were pushing to equalise, the score line definitely flattered Rangers. If we had equalised then it's hardly as if it would've been against the run of play

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

they didn't show a fair bit by the sounds of it... Lafferty had a chance right at the end of the first half that wasn't shown...and according to some of the Rangers fans they had some "stonewall" penalty claims

I forgot about that one. Hitting the side-netting is surely noteworthy in the highlights? Odd editing.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

The game reflected a 1-0 scoreline, Rangers got their second after we began to dominate the game for a 20 minute spell and threw Morelos on as a result of us taking control and them being scared at conceding. The second came from a big counter attack when we were pushing to equalise, the score line definitely flattered Rangers. If we had equalised then it's hardly as if it would've been against the run of play

Yes, I don’t think anyone would dispute that Livi would’ve deserved an equaliser in that second half. 

6 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Rangers deserved to win and fair play to them but for 20 mins of the 2nd half they looked decidedly average,long way to go yet ladz.

We were and there is - and I don't think anyone would disagree with you.  Our midfield is a serious problem.  They can be soft as shite at times and I fear what Villarreal may do to us on Thurs.  Our defence is unpredictable - though McAuley had a decent game yesterday.  Would like to have seen how he'd have dealt with Menga and it's a bit of a shame he was banned.  I'd also love Santa to bring us a late Xmas present in the shape of Craig Halkett.  The young man needs to come home and it shows how fucked up we were to allow him to leave.

As an aside, I was distinctly unimpressed with Sibbald...again.  When we were in the seaside leagues the Falkirk fans resented any criticism of their wonder child but I think he's vastly overrated.

As for it not being a 3-0 game?  Maybe over 80 minutes 1-0 was a pretty fair reflection but Morelos is in top form at the moment and a goal and an assist in the last 10 minutes was expected.  So 3-0 is a pretty fair reflection. 

10 minutes ago, crispy said:

Yes, I don’t think anyone would dispute that Livi would’ve deserved an equaliser in that second half. 

I think I would have. Are you forgetting the shot count? The shots on target count? The blocked shot count? 

Livingston has a decent chance from a mis hit shot early in the game and that was it for a full 90 minutes. They had a decent 20 minute spell but created nothing in all that time.

Rangers brought on Morelos for Lafferty at roughly the same time they do that switch in reverse. Absolutely no panic whatsoever 

We didn’t play well yesterday, there’s no hiding that, lacking width across the middle to then really get behind them. When we did manage to get the ball across to a lonely Lafferty, it was often wasted. Both Candeias and Tav guilty. Morelos a much needed spark, to run out comfortable winners in the end. A lacklustre performance overall but a clean sheet and three points. Will take it, along with going into Dec, 2 points behind the ***** with a similar GF&A.

10 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

We didn’t play well yesterday, there’s no hiding that, lacking width across the middle to then really get behind them. When we did manage to get the ball across to a lonely Lafferty, it was often wasted. Both Candeias and Tav guilty. Morelos a much needed spark, to run out comfortable winners in the end. A lacklustre performance overall but a clean sheet and three points. Will take it, along with going into Dec, 2 points behind the ***** with a similar GF&A.

Aye we played poorly. That was their heaviest league defeat and could have been a helluva lot worse.

Midfield was poor? Ryan Jack was MotM! 

Livi never played through us. They played hoof ball and played for free kicks around the box and were launching long ball after long ball into the box which was easily dealt with by McAuley and Goldson. They created absolutely nothing. 

Ive just seen their so called stonewaller :lol:

3-0 going on 5,6 or 7 while resting some of our better players is a great result.

Lets say  it how it is . The way Livingston play is effective for them and suits their dreadful home playing surface but I’d rather stab myself in the eyes than have to watch that week in week out!!

Aye we played poorly. That was their heaviest league defeat and could have been a helluva lot worse.
Midfield was poor? Ryan Jack was MotM! 
Livi never played through us. They played hoof ball and played for free kicks around the box and were launching long ball after long ball into the box which was easily dealt with by McAuley and Goldson. They created absolutely nothing. 
Ive just seen their so called stonewaller :lol:
3-0 going on 5,6 or 7 while resting some of our better players is a great result.
Lets say  it how it is . The way Livingston play is effective for them and suits their dreadful home playing surface but I’d rather stab myself in the eyes than have to watch that week in week out!!

Aye, Jack played well enough Bob, but I guess someone has to come out with a wee bit of credit following a 3-0 win. Still think we were poor across the middle and created little against a side who huffed and puffed but offered little else, apart from shaving the post early on? I couldn’t really see the penalty shout against McGregor and haven’t seen the playback, but didn’t seem they complained that much at the time after the ref had denied it. Busy schedule coming up but with perhaps our toughest games at Ibrox, we’re looking ok.

51 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Ffs I’ve no even started 

The Compliant Officer has to be looking at the two blatant dives by Livi players!!

Sez a man who supports a team featuring Laugherty and Halliday. :lol::lol::lol:

Great, more bigots coming to Scotland.. enough attending today without shipping the scum in..
Morning Bennett:lol: Another dot please ya weirdo

Not sure what that’s supposed to mean. Most of the lads visiting this weekend follow English clubs and have no interest in the ‘divisions’ in Glasgow whatsoever. Bit of a generalisation there based on your own prejudice and bigotry perhaps?

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

With our full team available...perhaps

With our list of missing player...not really

We have a few injuries. Doran’s and Murphy both Scottish international 

You we’re missing Ryan Hardie who is one of the worst if not THE worst striker I have seen at Rangers and I’ve seen Andy Kennedy , Davie Mitchell and Kevin Kyle 

Archived