Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomson save leaves us happy to get in 0-0. Agree we're still not on top until pen, but it was a pen and we never looked back from there.
Vaughan's the name in lights tonight - lasered onto the moon ideally - but Duggan draws the red, the pen, and crosses perfectly for the second. Fair play.

I missed Robbie’s save that everyone is raving about whilst away getting a cup of tea, looking forward to seeing it on the highlights.

It was very, very good. It was my favourite non-goal moment since we defended that indirect free-kick in the box against Ayr last season.

A couple of thoughts, Jackson is a nippy wee shite, how he stayed on the park I don't know, Duggan must be black and blue.

Who was the Pars player who, whilst running parallel to the bye line managed to kick the ball of the side of his foot into the South Stand?

A couple of thoughts, Jackson is a nippy wee shite, how he stayed on the park I don't know, Duggan must be black and blue.
Who was the Pars player who, whilst running parallel to the bye line managed to kick the ball of the side of his foot into the South Stand?
That was the magnificent Faissal they get all misty eyed and soggy crotched about. The same one who booted the ball against the boardings when Davo dealt easily with him. They're easy pleased.

Definitely worth the journey up. I fucking love Raith Rovers.

That save from Thomson kept us in the game, no chance we'd have came back from a goal down. Both teams were trying to outshite each other for the majority of the first half and once they found their groove, it was all Dunfermline until the penalty after that the floodgates opened and it became the Lewis Vaughan show. Great to see how much it meant to the players and absolutely loved Big Nat giving it big licks at full time.

Very clear to see how El Bakhtaoui was able to succeed in League One but not at a higher level. The boy is an athlete and is able to outpace most players and has decent balance and pace but very limited technical ability. It could have been much worse for Raith without his continuous muck-ups.

Absolute fannies that threw the smoke bombs, no regard for the club or other fans. My brothers and their dad had one land behind them and resulted in my youngest brother having a panic attack. Hope they find the boys and get them arrested and banned for life.

Thomson save leaves us happy to get in 0-0. Agree we're still not on top until pen, but it was a pen and we never looked back from there.
Vaughan's the name in lights tonight - lasered onto the moon ideally - but Duggan draws the red, the pen, and crosses perfectly for the second. Fair play.
Duggan is like Nat. Work seems to go unnoticed. Duggan works his arse off every time he's on the pitch.

Btw though. FUCKING YAS!

2 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Absolute fannies that threw the smoke bombs, no regard for the club or other fans. My brothers and their dad had one land behind them and resulted in my youngest brother having a panic attack. Hope they find the boys and get them arrested and banned for life.

That's grim to hear, probably dampened a brilliant day for your family. Hope the wee man's alright.

Definitely worth the journey up. I fucking love Raith Rovers.

That save from Thomson kept us in the game, no chance we'd have came back from a goal down. Both teams were trying to outshite each other for the majority of the first half and once they found their groove, it was all Dunfermline until the penalty after that the floodgates opened and it became the Lewis Vaughan show. Great to see how much it meant to the players and absolutely loved Big Nat giving it big licks at full time.

Very clear to see how El Bakhtaoui was able to succeed in League One but not at a higher level. The boy is an athlete and is able to outpace most players and has decent balance and pace but very limited technical ability. It could have been much worse for Raith without his continuous muck-ups.

Delighted you got to travel up and most importantly to see us win. Hope your wee brother is OK.

6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
16 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

That was the magnificent Faissal they get all misty eyed and soggy crotched about. The same one who booted the ball against the boardings when Davo dealt easily with him. They're easy pleased.

What's wrong with being easily pleased? I see it as a virtue.

But aye, El Bak has been a massive disappointment. We were all indeed moist about his return (myself included) but he's been crushingly disappointing.

My view-

Toothless Dunfermline were the better team up until the pentalty. Yes the sending off happened about ten minutes before hand, but Pars turned the screw after that. Dominated but absolutely nothing up top. Heard folk say previously  that the supply is the problem, but to day showed that is bollocks. Purely the strikers fault.  Ashcroft was sent off in a similar fashion to the sending off against Dundee United in the play-offs last year. Ball over his head and grabbing his man.He's not the same player without a good partner. On that note, I've got to reiterate that Danny Devine should never wear a Pars shirt again. Total talentless donkey of a man. That third goal was just appalling.   Couldn't see the penalty from where I was sitting, but told it was clear cut.  Fair doos, Rover then went on to gub us. Enjoy your night.

My assessement of Crawford is that he's too cautious. We could easily of played with two up top today . What is the point in changing manger when he's actually more scared than the previous coward manger. His interviews are cringeworthy too. Goes of on a tangent with every question. Thought he would be media trained considering his footballing background.  His body language shows somebody who's really uncomfortable in this position. Want him to succeed but have serious doubts about him.   Shields sounds far more impressive. Board have made a howler with this one I fear.

Archived