Women's World Cup 2019... featuring Scotland.

Bully Wee Villa

Draw today. Any of pot one or two will be tricky, hoping to avoid the South Americans in pot four as the other teams in that seeding group seem shite. 

Can't get the picture of the seeds to work for some reason but you can just click here

Edit: actually the draw is tomorrow, they just announced the seedings today. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final FIFA ranking saw a few movers, including NZ jumping Scotland, but nobody changing pot. Netherlands came closest gaining three places to seventh, not too far behind Australia. 

I'd like to avoid USA, Germany, France and England, so Canada or Australia would be the preferences from Pot 1.

There's little to pick between the teams in Pot 2, though Norway have been dropping steadily for years though and this might be the time to get them - they finished bottom of a not-too-difficult group at Euro 17 with nul points, and though their qualification this time was pretty good, they only had one difficult opponent. 

Pot 4, not sure what to expect from any of them, though from following qualification Argentina look to be a team on the rise.

On a more selfish level I'm hoping to avoid a draw that sees us start or finish at one of the southern venues (Nice, Montpellier, Grenoble), just for travel. And if we make the last 16 it would be nice not to have too much travelling for that.

Chile thrashed Argentina 4-0 in the recent Ladies Copa America, so they look the team to avoid from pot four.

For whatever reason, African women's football is shit so we should beat any of them. Jamaica lost six-nil to America, who only beat us by the odd goal, so I wouldn't be too scared of the Reggae Girlz, either. 

With sixteen of twenty-four teams progressing to the knockout stages, a big win against a pot four team could be enough to see Scotland through. 

from what I can gather about the draw, none of the Asian teams can be drawn in the same group. we have 3 Asian teams in our pot which means we have a 33% of getting Australia and a 33% chance of getting Japan. 

Australia would be a pretty decent team to  get from pot 1, whereas Japan would likely be pretty tough. team from pot 2. 

ideally I would like to avoid France, USA and Germany from pot 1 and Netherlands, Japan and Sweden from pot 2. If we got 2 of those teams then it could be tough to qualify. Although, it could come down to which pot 4 team you get. looking forward to the draw though. 

2 hours ago, Spectre said:

from what I can gather about the draw, none of the Asian teams can be drawn in the same group. we have 3 Asian teams in our pot which means we have a 33% of getting Australia and a 33% chance of getting Japan. 

Australia would be a pretty decent team to  get from pot 1, whereas Japan would likely be pretty tough. team from pot 2. 

ideally I would like to avoid France, USA and Germany from pot 1 and Netherlands, Japan and Sweden from pot 2. If we got 2 of those teams then it could be tough to qualify. Although, it could come down to which pot 4 team you get. looking forward to the draw though. 

Good point about getting an Asian team.

Agree about the teams to avoid, but I'd really like to avoid England too. They know us too well.

Level of psyche about this draw being spoiled a little by having to watch a programme that's mostly about England. I wanted to watch the live stream from FIFA, but it's blocked in the UK and France because the BBC and TF1 insist on exclusive rights.

Archived