Clyde v QP

an86

I'm glad you guys are having a wee lift at the moment. Still far too many of you building your lives around an occasional win against Scotland's premier amateur club. I hope this new found confidence will help your singing section be more creative and build their self-esteem too. Simply copying the Ugly Sisters Songbook doesn't give your fine old club the respect it deserves. 

As a match it was fairly even in terms of attempts, skill etc but given the maturity and professionalism in the Clyde ranks they'll be disappointed they didn't punish this young and naive QP team.  Mark will have our top team back soon and we'll see the recovery begin. Lennon and his band of ten guitarists should be safe from the relegation play-offs.

First goal was offside and the decision was against some clearly defined rules but so is two-handed pushes, jumping into backs, tripping, simulated dives so the decision to allow the goal was very consistent. The second was the difference between the two teams. A sluggish youngster against a determined old pro.  But then we all know that if Badwillie wants his way he'll get lower than a snakes's belly to get it.

Happy New Year when it comes...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm glad you guys are having a wee lift at the moment. Still far too many of you building your lives around an occasional win against Scotland's premier amateur club. I hope this new found confidence will help your singing section be more creative and build their self-esteem too. Simply copying the Ugly Sisters Songbook doesn't give your fine old club the respect it deserves. 

As a match it was fairly even in terms of attempts, skill etc but given the maturity and professionalism in the Clyde ranks they'll be disappointed they didn't punish this young and naive QP team.  Mark will have our top team back soon and we'll see the recovery begin. Lennon and his band of ten guitarists should be safe from the relegation play-offs.

First goal was offside and the decision was against some clearly defined rules but so is two-handed pushes, jumping into backs, tripping, simulated dives so the decision to allow the goal was very consistent. The second was the difference between the two teams. A sluggish youngster against a determined old pro.  But then we all know that if Badwillie wants his way he'll get lower than a snakes's belly to get it.

Good luck in your big 6 pointer next week

I hope this new found confidence will help your singing section be more creative and build their self-esteem too. Simply copying the Ugly Sisters Songbook doesn't give your fine old club the respect it deserves.

And what songs do we copy out of interest? Do they sing about Mark Lamont and Tom Lang too? Weird.

7 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'm glad you guys are having a wee lift at the moment. Still far too many of you building your lives around an occasional win against Scotland's premier amateur club.

giphy.gif

I hope this new found confidence will help your singing section be more creative and build their self-esteem too. Simply copying the Ugly Sisters Songbook doesn't give your fine old club the respect it deserves. 

giphy.gif

As a match it was fairly even in terms of attempts, skill etc but given the maturity and professionalism in the Clyde ranks they'll be disappointed they didn't punish this young and naive QP team.

Animated GIF

Mark will have our top team back soon and we'll see the recovery begin. Lennon and his band of ten guitarists should be safe from the relegation play-offs.

giphy.gif

First goal was offside and the decision was against some clearly defined rules but so is two-handed pushes, jumping into backs, tripping, simulated dives so the decision to allow the goal was very consistent.

giphy.gif

The second was the difference between the two teams. A sluggish youngster against a determined old pro.  But then we all know that if Badwillie wants his way he'll get lower than a snakes's belly to get it.

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Oh dear, someone’s feeling sore. Your point about Clyde’s ‘maturity’ is interesting btw. Take out Rankin (36) and Goodwillie (29) and the rest of the team today are aged between 20 and 24. Maybe we just have better players than Queens just now. 

Didnt hear anything from the ‘old firm songbook’ either. Can’t recall anything about walls being guarded, ****** blood or the IRA. Did you ? 

3 players between Boyle and the goal for the opener 

Don't ruin it for me

First goal was offside and the decision was against some clearly defined rules but so is two-handed pushes, jumping into backs, tripping, simulated dives so the decision to allow the goal was very consistent.

That's much better.

He typed through his tears

2 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:
3 hours ago, BrigtonClyde said:
In the dictionary under 'ungraceful' it says "see 19 year old ginger Tory boy"
Hiya pal :whistle

Sorry pal but I'd rather idolize amateurs than a racist and a rapist

Well at least yer big team won today, eh Tory boy ?

You're well seen :rolleyes:

Dear oh dear. There aren't half some bitter Algernons and Tarquins about tonight, from reading some of these after-match posts. 

The most worrying, or conversely the best pleasing aspect of these dissections is the clear pre-empting of Clyde players' actions from the egalitarian wing of the Crosshill Window Pervs. 

All that money from Sir Haughey, and they still can't fiddle the books as good as Gus did. 

Oh, and Clyde were dugmeat for 80 minutes today. Peterhead would get the jail in their own town, for what they'll do to us if we turn up like that next week. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

:lol: 

3 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Loooooool bring out this shite when you get beaten comfortably. Nothing to do with the better team winning!

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Clyde took their chances and we weren't great in the final third. Would like a look at the opener again. Could be wrong, but there was a whiff of offside about it. Second goal was just ludicrously easy. Didn't think they were great, but they did what they had to do and points on the board is the name of the game. 

In terms of our performance, there's a naivety about our defending when Gerry and Gibby are missing. Think we're lacking a wee nasty streak. Big difference when you have a guy with Rankin's experience, combining it with trying to referee the game. That's not a dig in any way. You've got to use everything in the locker to your advantage. 

One goal in five games at the other end is obviously becoming a major concern as well. Can't fault the commitment of the players, though. Don't think any of them could have given more. Hopefully get back on track against Rovers, but it's not a gimme. Decent point for them, today. 

Love your banter but appreciate your honesty and humility in defeat mate. 

3 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

False idolatry at its most potent, there. Imagine leaving a city with two teams, to support the worst of four in another. 

Loooooool bring out this shite when you get beaten comfortably. Nothing to do with the better team winning!
Not denying the better team won. Clyde looked hungrier and overall their quality in the final third was there whilst Queens had none.

At the same time, doesn't get away from a lack of class getting it up a wee old woman no?

Just you lot wait, we'll get you next time [emoji12]

2 minutes ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Not denying the better team won. Clyde looked hungrier and overall their quality in the final third was there whilst Queens had none.

At the same time, doesn't get away from a lack of class getting it up a wee old woman no?

Just you lot wait, we'll get you next time emoji12.png

And was the "wee old woman" a shining example of decorum while sitting amongst those shouting about the 'rapist' and 'racist' in the Clyde team? 

Is there anything you will NOT hide behind, you complete grouse? 

Archived