Clyde v QP

an86

8 minutes ago, an86 said:

Thought it looked more than the just over 600 announced. We had not a bad number considering the run we're on. Thought the home end looked busier than I've sometimes seen it as well. 

Felt busier generally, although our particular section was missing a large number of regulars. Centre stand seemed to be where it was at, today.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, an86 said:

Thought it looked more than the just over 600 announced. We had not a bad number considering the run we're on. Thought the home end looked busier than I've sometimes seen it as well. 

Would agree with you there. Thought Queens had a good support although I do think our end was a tad quieter than I’ve seen at some other games this season (no idea why). Still surprised at 600 odd. Doesn’t seem quite right. 

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

And was the "wee old woman" a shining example of decorum while sitting amongst those shouting about the 'rapist' and 'racist' in the Clyde team? 

Is there anything you will NOT hide behind, you complete grouse? 

Wouldn't worry about it Officer B

From what I'm lookin at right now....and I'm not talkin P&B...given the wee fella's interests we appear to have a history student under the impression QP were formed in Glasgow Green before being forced west

[Treat that as a belated Xmas present Queenies so you can root out yer 5th columnist ;)]

Solid win today.  We're as well going guns blazing next week.  A defeat's the same as a draw at this stage, and with a big points gap to 5th, nothing to lose.   

Gentlemen a great festive period 6 points 5 goals and none against. Fellow Queenies wash yer fustie t-shirts, you've had your tightly blue pill and it's back to normal. Respect that the better football team won and respect to fellow human beings just trying to ply their football trade without the vile vocal dissent from apparent intellectual supporters!!...... Had travelled up north today and enjoyed Off the Ball one for dishing the Shellic and the the Rangers 2012 sevco game and mentioning great derby games and in particular our 4-0 WIN v Plastic Whistle 

Don't you just love Saturday's........... 

Just a lovely post from bring your own socks. The bitterness seeps all the way through it. [emoji1]

Don't think we were particularly great but difference was in the final third. Queens Park had a lot of joy with the long between the defence/midfield without doing anything with it. We were much more clinical and also hit the post and bar as has become compustory lately.

We will need to play better away to Peterhead but great to see Edinburgh finally slip up at last.

I've no idea why teams play a back three against Goodwillie. Doesn't ever work. 

The first half we were perhaps caught out, probably expecting QP to try and pass the ball and play with wingers. As it turned out, they looked to play long into Peters/Gow/Smarticus and they picked up the majority of the second balls with Grant and McStay passive. We couldn't get the ball off Gow. Not really remembering too many chances though, some good set pieces aside. We didn't play as much football as we normally do but the first time we cut QP open Cuddihy struck the post, and the second time saw Boyle gifted an easy finish by his captain who had been played in by Rankin's excellent pass. Goodwillie's goal, well I'm not convinced a couple of players chose the right option earlier in the move but Cuddihy's placed cross (in contrast to the hit and hope efforts that had crept into our game) picked him out well for a free header.

The second half we actually played pretty well for half an hour, kept QP at arms length and stopped the long ball threat, with Rankin pulled in centrally. Grant went from anonymous to picking up nearly everything in midfield. Really mature that we didn't over commit in attack but still created a few chances. Good substitutions. Currie made a couple of decent saves, with the best chance seeing a shot fired over the bar after Stewart was beaten too easily. Turned out an easy win in the end.

Currie was decent enough. Stewart was uncharacteristically sloppy but the rest of the back four were fine, Cuddihy especially. Midfielders will all have better games but the amount of ground McStay covered, Grant's reading of the game, Lamont shaking everyone's hand; plenty to be positive about. Would still have Nicoll in there for Peterhead. Boyle is just about pulling his weight. Goodwillie was MotM, which has been rare this season. 

Massive gap now. If we don't get a win next week then the next few months will be a non-event.

Not seen many players booked for making a "speccy" sign at the referee, so well done the QP number 3.

Good summary as always DW but would be interested to hear your views on the first goal before we all get the benefit of the replay. Clyde fan I was talking to at half time felt that the scorer was behind the goalkeeper with one man on the line when the ball was played to him, but I think it would only have delayed the inevitable. As others have already pointed out, Clyde were clealy the better side overall due to making far better better use of the ball in the final third, but the longer the game went on without that crucial first goal, would the home support have grown restless? Academic now, but will watch the highlights with interest as it was an unusual goal (most natural strikers would have shot instead of making an astute pass) to say the least.  Final word on yesterday is that I've rarely seen such an incompetent (not biased as both teams were on the end of some perplexing decisons) set of all three officials in the one game.............took me back to the days of Cuthill, Muirhead, Syme & Thow where you were filled with dread as soon as you saw the appointment in the Friday night's Evening Times:unsure:

The more important game of the festive period for us was always going to be the Rovers' game next Saturday where I feel a win for us would be sufficient to allow us to stop looking over our shoulder and start building for next season. For Clyde the remainder of the season will be about maintaining momentum, but if the gap between them and the automatic play-off hasn't narrowed by March and the play-off spot is virtually assured by then, it will be interesting to see whether Lennon wants them to keep the foot on the gas, or starts rotating the squad more to freshen up key players before May.

tut tut DW - didn't guess you would be one for spending the New Year picking skelfs oot yer erse:o get off the fence and call it as you saw it so you can be wrong like the rest of us when VAR has the final say

For the first goal did think at the time Boyle was close to the goal line behind the goalkeeper but I was up the other end and was just happy to see the ball go in , don't really care if he was offside or not however I'm sure the queens park fans will take some solace if it is offside [emoji6]

Wouldn't worry about it Officer B
From what I'm lookin at right now....and I'm not talkin P&B...given the wee fella's interests we appear to have a history student under the impression QP were formed in Glasgow Green before being forced west
[Treat that as a belated Xmas present Queenies so you can root out yer 5th columnist [emoji6]]
Solid win today.  We're as well going guns blazing next week.  A defeat's the same as a draw at this stage, and with a big points gap to 5th, nothing to lose.   

Talk about Stalking eh?

4 minutes ago, hoosierclyde said:

No doubt about it- on side

agreed - I was directly in line with the scorer and couldn't see the QP player immediately behind him, and it doesn't even look as if he's behind Hart either. No-one's mentioned it yet, but I thought the initial ball to Goodwillie from Rankin was worthy of plaudits.

1 hour ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Even at the second goal, DG makes the wrong decision initially. 

Humour me Officer, why? I thought his options were limited due to the amount of defensive cover at the time.

“As we entered injury time Summers became the second visiting player booked … again for telling Munro a few home truths”

Whilst I agree the referee was poor(as is standard these days), maybe not wise publicly slating them on the official website report?

Oh and the pass from Rankin was superb (also standard these days).

Archived