Bo'ness history - Day by day

Good shout, there's every chance. Think it's too early for Strickland.

Here's one for you, was Steven Hislop ever registered as a player for the Rose?

Think I was wrong with the Leiper shout hence binning it. Sure he didn’t arrive at us until a couple years after.

3 hours ago, Scuzz said:

Think I may have six if they were available that day (that's if the MacLellans were later joining than this season). Fleming and Shirra went to them, Nimmo came to us that year. Only others I can think of are Cal Smith, Stewart Devine and Kevin Watt.

Only Ruari that day of the pair.  Shirra played.  Fleming was a non-playing sub.  Right, too, about Nimmo, Smith and Watt but Devine was missing

3 hours ago, Scuzz said:

Good shout, there's every chance. Think it's too early for Strickland.

Here's one for you, was Steven Hislop ever registered as a player for the Rose?

Wrong about Strickland.

No idea about Hissy, if he was registered I don't recall him playing.

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Think I was wrong with the Leiper shout hence binning it. Sure he didn’t arrive at us until a couple years after.

Yes, he didn't appear until August '14

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I reckon Strickland was there then.

Yep, he was in their side.

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Scott Christie another ?

He was our keeper that day.

Now 8 out of 9

1972 now and a match against a side that had just risen from juvenile football the previous season, Livingston United.  It was a home League match and ended in a convincing 6-1 win.  The goals were shared between six players, Eric Sinclair, Andy Noblett, Ian McQueen, Eric Logan, Willie Brown & Dave McOwat.

The team was: Anderson, G Logan, McQueen, Trialist, Frew, Zelman, Sinclair, Brown, E Logan, Noblett (McOwat), Millar

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

See if I can get a hat-trick tomorrow.

No doubt tomorrow: “On this day in 1957....”

How about 1955...…..  :lol: Back then, we beat Ormiston Primrose by the only goal in an East of Scotland Cup tie.  The scorer went on to play for Liverpool under Bill Shankly.  Who was it?

Arniston Rangers were the visitors in 2005 in the 2nd round of the East of Scotland Cup.  Sub Kevin Thomas was the match-winner with a 2nd half double to see the BU's through 2-0.

The team was: Cairns, Burrows (Thomas), Russell, C Martin, Foster, Murphy, Smith, J Martin (Jeffrey), Winning, O'Boyle (Mooney), Donnelly.

47 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

How about 1955...…..  :lol: Back then, we beat Ormiston Primrose by the only goal in an East of Scotland Cup tie.  The scorer went on to play for Liverpool under Bill Shankly.  Who was it?

Jimmy Harrower