The Chooky Embra

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

When you're comedy rich and a PR black mark, it seems like a no brainer, but the old royals are total misers. I bet they dry out their tea leaves and reuse them.

I was in lodgings with a chap who among other things made the tea for the "workers" on an Enterprise Ulster site. He used to re-use the tea bags.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:21, Jacksgranda said:

I was in lodgings with a chap who among other things made the tea for the "workers" on an Enterprise Ulster site. He used to re-use the tea bags.

What did he use if someone wanted cappuccino coffee?

Oh wait, don't tell me.

On 27/01/2019 at 07:53, MixuFixit said:

When you're comedy rich and a PR black mark, it seems like a no brainer, but the old royals are total misers. I bet they dry out their tea leaves and reuse them.

Whilst billing us for new tea bags and telling us to tighten our belts

• 2 weeks later...

He has given up driving (good)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/prince-philip-97-gives-up-driver-s-licence-after-crash-1.4289938

Exactly like my old relatives, it took a crash for the commonwealth's racist old uncle to give up their license, at least my old relatives hit inanimate objects like houses and light poles when they "decided" to give up their licenses

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/prince-philip-97-gives-up-driver-s-licence-after-crash-1.4289938

Exactly like my old relatives, it took a crash for the commonwealth's racist old uncle to give up their license, at least my old relatives hit inanimate objects like houses and light poles when they "decided" to give up their licenses

Presumably he'll still be able to rattle about their various estates in a landrover after the staff are told to take cover, so long as he avoids public roads. I had to grab the wheel from my Dad just as he was about to crash into the back of an ambulance before he stopped, and he whined about it till he died.

10 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

This is where we find out what Edward is for.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Presumably he'll still be able to rattle about their various estates in a landrover after the staff are told to take cover, so long as he avoids public roads. I had to grab the wheel from my Dad just as he was about to crash into the back of an ambulance before he stopped, and he whined about it till he died.

Probably, at least the general public will be safe from Uncle Phil's driving problems.  Here are how my old relatives ended up giving up their licenses, oldiewonks can be stubborn!

1. Great Aunt who needed a passenger to drive near traffic lights to tell her when they turned green.  She ended up putting her car into a ditch because she couldn't properly judge the radius of the corner

2, Great Uncle who couldn't turn his head to check his blind spot, ended up sideswiping another car on the highway (motorway).  No injuries

3. Great Aunt who had to use her arm to move her leg from the gas to the brake, she hit someone's house

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If I was as rich as he is I'd f**k about my back garden in a Range Rover all day 

48 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If I was as rich as he is I'd f**k about my back garden in a Range Rover all day 

The problem is they think the whole effing country IS their back garden 

Edited by bishopburn boy
Predictive text can Jeff off

15 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Still waiting to hear if the other party in that accident for which Chooky was solely responsible for have received anything by way of compensation.

If she wasn't insured she'd be in the Tower of London. And I'm sure Chooky is insured so I don't see the problem.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

If she wasn't insured she'd be in the Tower of London. And I'm sure Chooky is insured so I don't see the problem.

Chooky doesn't need insurance. He's sitting on the top of a bottomless pit of money with probably greater resources than any insurance company could cough up. 

Lest anyone forget,  the day after that accident he took delivery of a brand new Land Rover Discovery, already taxed, insured and ready to go.

13 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Chooky doesn't need insurance. He's sitting on the top of a bottomless pit of money with probably greater resources than any insurance company could cough up. 

Lest anyone forget,  the day after that accident he took delivery of a brand new Land Rover Discovery, already taxed, insured and ready to go.

Aye, but the people he hit will be covered by his insurance like everyone else. It's not a big deal. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

He turned someone's car into a tumble dryer.

That was his own car, someone in the other car got  sore wrist, and their damages and costs will be dealt with like normal insurance. You could argue he should be done for careless or dangerous driving, but I doubt that a commoner of that age would be if they surrendered their licence.