Emiliano Sala & the missing plane

DutchBorderer

I watched Sala footage on YouTube, broadly speaking her scored 3 types of goals. Headers from close range which are easy when you are a 6'2 carthorse, shots from just inside the penalty area which the French defenders seem to think is best stopped by standing off and giving space to shoot and penalties.

15 million pounds for an average mid French table striker. Metal

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

Snakebelly McKay get his retaliation in first.

In a wide-ranging interview, the father and son also say they:

Learned Sala was missing through a phone call from Cardiff boss Neil Warnock

Were paying the entire sum of Sala's travel

Will not chase Nantes for the money they are owed for brokering the deal

The crash has made Mark McKay question his future in the industry

There's still some good guys left in the world, really touching stuff.

3 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

McKay really is a fat, greasy slime bag.  Utter weasel. 

I'm not sure who is biggest cretin of the two.

McKay: "what we've been through is total hell" or his son "I don't want to sit here and be a victim because I'm not and that's a fact. But its been tough and its been tough for people around me."

• 4 weeks later...

From Sky news

Cardiff City will tell FIFA that the contract to sign Emiliano Sala from Nantes was not legally binding.

The Welsh club have refused to pay the £15m transfer fee for the striker, who was killed in a plane crash two months ago.

Nantes have complained to FIFA, and Cardiff have until April 3 to respond.

Cardiff will argue that Sala's contract had been rejected by the Premier League and was therefore 'null and void'.

He had been unable to sign a revised deal before his death on January 21.

Cardiff will also claim that further contract clauses - proposed by Nantes - had not been met.

Nantes say they are fully compliant with FIFA rules and point to the fact that FIFA registered the International Transfer Certificate on January 21, 2019 at 5.30pm.

A Cardiff spokesperson said: "The club is aware of FIFA's request for a response by April 3 and is processing that accordingly. We have no further comment at this stage."

20 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I am totally shocked and stunned that Cardiff are trying to get out of paying what they're due to Nantes.  Nobody saw that one coming...

I don't think we should be surprised that most Clubs would try to find a way out of parting with the transfer fee.

We only need to look at the disgraceful way they've "looked after" former player down the years.

23 minutes ago, sjc said:

I don't think we should be surprised that most Clubs would try to find a way out of parting with the transfer fee.

We only need to look at the disgraceful way they've "looked after" former player down the years.

What's the former players story?

Just now, 7-2 said:

What's the former players story?

Look at the way the Clubs have for years denied any liability for health related issues for former players. Jeff Astley springs to mind. I'm pretty sure I read about Nobby Stiles being kicked out of the house he'd been given by Man Utd when he retired.

If anything, Clubs are probably even more cut throat regards to money these days.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Look at the way the Clubs have for years denied any liability for health related issues for former players. Jeff Astley springs to mind. I'm pretty sure I read about Nobby Stiles being kicked out of the house he'd been given by Man Utd when he retired.

If anything, Clubs are probably even more cut throat regards to money these days.

Ah, right. I thought there was a case about Cardiff doing the dirty on an ex-player. 

I know money is all that counts these days and this move was obviously going to happen. It doesn't make it any less distasteful though.

I take it if they don't have to pay they'll withdraw anything referring to him as  'Once a Bluebird' and such as he never actually was. :whistle

Just now, 7-2 said:

Ah, right. I thought there was a case about Cardiff doing the dirty on an ex-player. 

I know money is all that counts these days and this move was obviously going to happen. It doesn't make it any less distasteful though.

I take it if they don't have to pay they'll withdraw anything referring to him as  'Once a Bluebird' and such as he never actually was. :whistle

It's very distasteful. I find Willie McKay claiming the moral high ground particularly bad!

1 minute ago, sjc said:

It's very distasteful. I find Willie McKay claiming the moral high ground particularly bad!

Totally. A classic case of getting the retaliation in first. 

Cardiff using "grief" as a reason to buy time so their lawyers can try and find a loophole, while Nantes agree to it as they actually are suffering, is fucking despicable.

It sucks that this whole situation is a clash between morals and money.

On the plus side at least more than 7 people in France have heard of Nantes so they should make good on the publicity.