Hearts v St Johnstone, 26/01/19

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea how we'll line up for this one. Davidson came back in after a month out and only 2 days training and still managed 90 minutes against Livi so I'm not sure if he'll be risked so quickly after that. Wotherspoon finished the game poorly and he's really up against it with the options we have in the wide/attacking positions and big Tam occasionally throws out unexpected wild cards at big city away games - Tristan Nydam starting out of nowhere against Hibs being a good example.

I'd personally go;

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Alston Davidson Craig

Kennedy Swanson

Watt

Swanson fucking hates the Hearts and if any game is going to kick start his season, it'll be away at Tynecastle. I think Callachan has done well recently but Davidson and Craig are non-negotiable and I think Alston gives us more of an attacking threat than him.

We've  conceded 3 goals against Hearts directly from set pieces so I'd like to find a way to shoe horn Gordon or Anderson into the team somewhere but I don't want to unsettle that back line.

Shaughnessy vs Shaughnessy should be a good laugh.

^^^ trying not to offend his pals and neighbours type post.

Given I’ve predicted every game to be 0-0 I’m trying to curry no favour Tam, nice try though.

We better win, I want to rub it in numerous colleagues faces. So let’s smash these c***s!

I'd guess Hearts don't often lose two home games in a row so expecting a big reaction from them after last night. 

Saints haven't dropped a point or even conceded a goal since our last visit to Tynecastle.

Tynecastle always a great ground to visit. 

I thought all 4 of Hearts' goals against us have come from set pieces or crosses into the box. Pretty obvious that's what we need to be prepared for.

The game at Tynecastle we were second best as we stood and admired them in centre mid until we were 2-0 down and Alston and Callachan finally started to put tackles in. Hopefully with Craig and Davidson in there we are much more robust and up for it. Depending on Davidsons fitness, think it would make a big difference to us having him in there for his aerial presence, despite having played on Wednesday night.

I hope we try to take the game to Hearts far more from the start here, and a more attacking line up might help that. Quick skilful players that can run at defenders and draw fouls from the Hatchet men of Midlothian.  We were the far better side in Perth so really should be going for all 3 points here.

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaughnessy Tanser

Davidson Craig

O'Halloran Kennedy Swanson

Watt     

with Callachan, Wotherspoon and Alston available from the bench in the second half to tighten things up when we're 4-0 ahead.

** this will not be the team. But just imagine...

Archived