Kilmarnock v The Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken this result pretty badly boys. I'd envisaged a nice weekend, cigaring it up with 3 points banked waiting for the rest to drop points.

Then along comes Craig Levein with his fucking roided up Accies team and takes a second win from RP. Horrendous. 

Scott McDonald was saying how much of a buzz there is about Ndjoli at Bournemouth, and hopefully he has a good career - but when you go from playing exclusively against other boys your own age to facing up to lantern jawed Christophe Berra it just seems an imposingtransition. 

Other than Anthony Stokes' original spell at Falkirk, I'm struggling to think of a single one of these English academy prospects who have come up and really hit the ground running. Fingers crossed that Liam Millar can be one who bucks the trend. 

But aye, real dump after yesterday. Hopefully Dundee don't forget how pish they are on Wednesday. 

35 minutes ago, Navallion said:

I go to Hearts games to see us win, and by doing whatever it takes and if hoofing the ball is one of them I'll take it. Who cares if we're not a good team to watch?

P&B still struggling with this. :lol:

Hearts fans don't want the team to win plaudits, they want them to win games. 

5jNkXKm.png

Thought we got totally Levein'd tonight, and I genuinely mean that as a compliment.

The first half (before the goals) was pretty even, but I felt we had the better chances, both for Burke. Bachmann had a decent save from Djoum, but most of the Hearts threat was long shots from outside the box.

They scored on a poor piece of defending, then for the second we totally switched off - I imagine Sir Steve was furious, and that video will be getting replayed.

After we scored the penalty Hearts sat back, but we never really troubled them aside from Millar's header.

They defended brilliantly, and full credit to them because we've done it to enough teams. No complaints from me, thought it was a pretty perfect away performance by Hearts.

8 hours ago, killiefan27 said:

Thought we got totally Levein'd tonight, and I genuinely mean that as a compliment.

The first half (before the goals) was pretty even, but I felt we had the better chances, both for Burke. Bachmann had a decent save from Djoum, but most of the Hearts threat was long shots from outside the box.

They scored on a poor piece of defending, then for the second we totally switched off - I imagine Sir Steve was furious, and that video will be getting replayed.

After we scored the penalty Hearts sat back, but we never really troubled them aside from Millar's header.

They defended brilliantly, and full credit to them because we've done it to enough teams. No complaints from me, thought it was a pretty perfect away performance by Hearts.

As a neutral, I attended. Came on here to offer my tuppence worth but kf27 has done it perfectly. Good Hearts performance with Djoum the best player afield. I've seen Killie three times this season and don't understand the high rating of Jones. And Ndjoli looks dreadful.

10 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

I think twice we've paid the price for playing Hearts at a point of the season where we've been light on players, the price of doing business late in transfer windows. In August we lost 0-1 then brought in Greg Stewart.

Yet you stole one at Tynecastle when we had no Naismith, Berra or Uche, and resorted to playing Wighton and MacLean up top. Unlucky, m8.

Kilmarnock's slide back down into nothingness will be beautiful.

Must say I think Clarke's "3 lumps" comments were very disrespectful, they are 3 very good defenders.  What was he wanting them to do, make it easy for Kilmarnock?  If Levein said similar about a team he'd be pilloried for it. 

Must say I think Clarke's "3 lumps" comments were very disrespectful, they are 3 very good defenders.  What was he wanting them to do, make it easy for Kilmarnock?  If Levein said similar about a team he'd be pilloried for it. 

I wouldn’t let Clarke’s comments bother you, the man turned to Kirk Broadfoot in his hour of need...

15 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Have to say that l find Old Torn Face's comments are a regular joy. He's like Eeyore.

Going to be a perfect fit at Celtic eventually.

10 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Should have started the Liam Millar kid, looked decent to me and better than  Ndjoli, how did he last 90? Still quite a jammy Hertz win tho.

What was jammy about it?

10 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

They were very shite tonight, but Hearts are worse to watch. Hearts approached the game cleverly, but it was petty cynical stuff.

I should concede at this stage that my own team are also horrendous viewing just now. 

Scored a couple of nice goals then shut down the game in the second half. Textbook away performance.

I only watched the 2nd half. We shut the game down completely and Levein had the cigars out after 60 mins gone, Killie would never have got another. 

I'd rather see us win the game and get stick for being mean and tough than have a powderpuff Cathro style side that get steamrollered every week but attempt to play 'real' football. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Don't think he was trying to be disrespectful, just pointing out it was 3 large and generally effective players Hearts deployed in defence.

Levein says worse about Hearts players every other week.

Archived