Kilmarnock v The Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's over a quarter of a century. We were promoted in 1993.

Quarter of a century plus almost nine months then , if you must

The most memorable aspect of 92/93 from a Hearts perspective was Craig Levein Decking Graeme Hogg during a preseason friendly

This is why Hogg would be my preferred candidate to replace Lennon

14 hours ago, Elixir said:

Not really. Killie are having a once in a generation type season and we're now right back in the mix after missing the spine of our team for about three months. With a fully fit squad I think we are better than Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, as we've got the results on the park against these clubs when this has been the case.

In the coming years I fully expect us to consistently start to push the Old Firm, qualify for Europe and compete for cup competitions. Once the new stand is settled, more revenue will continue to get invested on the pitch.

And for what it's worth, we only spent one season in the Championship and set all sorts of silly records.

Delusional !

15 hours ago, Elixir said:

In the coming years I fully expect us to consistently start to push the Old Firm, qualify for Europe and compete for cup competitions. Once the new stand is settled, more revenue will continue to get invested on the pitch.

You've been saying this for about 5 years now

Not really. Killie are having a once in a generation type season and we're now right back in the mix after missing the spine of our team for about three months. With a fully fit squad I think we are better than Aberdeen and Kilmarnock, as we've got the results on the park against these clubs when this has been the case.
And for what it's worth, we only spent one season in the Championship and set all sorts of silly records.

I really miss you when you disappear for months on end.
This is lovely stuff.

Was a game where team who scored first were almost certain not to lose and would probably win. Followed pattern of other two fixtures this season. Both sides generally defend leads pretty well, and so it proved. Naismith was the big difference between sides, and makes his team tick - and deserves credit for also managing to referee the game too. Boys got talent, no question. 

Hopefully the new additions are available for Dens and we regroup whilst moving back into 3rd place with a win. Disaster it is not!

I only caught the second half but thoroughly enjoyed it.  The only place Kilmarnock looked light was the main striking position.  Naismith, as usual, was a standout for Hearts as was Souttar but there were several players on both sides that impressed me. 

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Let us finish paying for the stand first and then we'll see if the extra £2 million a year Foundation of Hearts money makes any difference.

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Let us finish paying for the stand first and then we'll see if the extra £2 million a year Foundation of Hearts money makes any difference.

Paying things off ??? You'll never win the league with that attitude.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

To be fair, 5 years ago today,  we were 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league and facing a serious existential threat.

Even the grumpiest Hearts fan* would have to admit that the overall trend since then is positive,

* A Bloke called Eddie that sits 2 rows back and three along from me

To be fair, 5 years ago today,  we were 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league and facing a serious existential threat.
Even the grumpiest Hearts fan* would have to admit that the overall trend since then is positive,

* A Bloke called Eddie that sits 2 rows back and three along from me
There's some torn faced b*****ds in our support. My 78 year old dad is among the worst [emoji13]

21 hours ago, Jedi said:

Which coming years are these? In about 30 years time? Push the Old Firm consistently...very good.

We are the Hertz, m8.

7 hours ago, KTID26 said:

Delusional !

Don't be upset.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

We were in administration five years ago, bud. It'll be highly pleasing when we can start chucking the FoH money at the playing squad and your provincial outfit has to start diverting attention and funds towards your out of city bowl and barn combo.

3 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I really miss you when you disappear for months on end.
This is lovely stuff.

Same. I love bamming folk up when the Hertz are absolutely flames.

15 minutes ago, Elixir said:

We were in administration five years ago, bud. It'll be highly pleasing when we can start chucking the FoH money at the playing squad and your provincial outfit has to start diverting attention and funds towards your out of city bowl and barn combo.

Maybe it just feels like 5 years then ;)

I'm only joking, I enjoy the little cycle of Hearts getting a good result, you re-appearing giving it big licks, then you realise they're not actually very good and it'll be something about attendances and then...gone again.

FWIW I actually think a fully fit Hearts side are in contention for top 3 or 4.  It's more likely we'll end up in a fight with you for European spots than troubling Celtic anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe it just feels like 5 years then ;)

I'm only joking, I enjoy the little cycle of Hearts getting a good result, you re-appearing giving it big licks, then you realise they're not actually very good and it'll be something about attendances and then...gone again.

FWIW I actually think a fully fit Hearts side are in contention for top 3 or 4.  It's more likely we'll end up in a fight with you for European spots than troubling Celtic anyway.

You must know a few Dons fans who cycle between vainglorious triumphalism and doom laden despair

Archived