Bournemouth AFC

baillieinleeds

For the last few seasons I’ve been super impressed with this wee club. Well in comparison to the rest. An amazing 4-0 win against Chelsea made my night. Who do you follow or admire other than your team. Thanks for taking the time.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

For the last few seasons I’ve been super impressed with this wee club. Well in comparison to the rest. An amazing 4-0 win against Chelsea made my night. Who do you follow or admire other than your team. Thanks for taking the time.

It's a fairytale, a tiny club against the odds. Someone should make a film.

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Not super impressed enough to get their name right though.

Maybe Bournemouth AFC is the southern equivalent of FCUM that their fans created after being outraged at being bankrolled by Russian oil money to a level well beyond what they're used to

I used to have a soft spot for them as a kid as my aunt and uncle stayed down there- went to two pre-season friendlies at the old Dean Court in 1995, a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace and a 0-1 defeat by Steaua Bucharest.

I always had an eye out for their results and then on the last game of the 2007-08 season, went to see them play Carlisle at Brunton Park. They were dead and buried a few weeks before but had gone on a great run and needed a win to stay in League One. They drew 1-1 and were relegated.

Their fans that we stood amongst that day were a shower of racist c*nts.

10 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

It’s fair to say we’ve had a lot of declarations of love over the years. Usually after a big win. It seems to have died a death though :D

11 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

When I lived in The Netherlands there were 2 teams I had a lot of sympathy for outside my own team, who I followed and went to the odd game when my team (Excelsior) weren't playing. They were RBC (back then top flight) and Veendam (back then 2nd tier). RBC are now in the 8th tier after being forced to restart in the 10th due to liquidation and Veendam are out of existence altogether.

So who should I get sympathy for in Scotland? :P 

On 2/1/2019 at 03:38, Toby said:

I used to have a soft spot for them as a kid as my aunt and uncle stayed down there- went to two pre-season friendlies at the old Dean Court in 1995, a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace and a 0-1 defeat by Steaua Bucharest.

I always had an eye out for their results and then on the last game of the 2007-08 season, went to see them play Carlisle at Brunton Park. They were dead and buried a few weeks before but had gone on a great run and needed a win to stay in League One. They drew 1-1 and were relegated.

Their fans that we stood amongst that day were a shower of racist c*nts.

I was at those 2 games.

Archived