Hearts v Livi

Kelly
Hakeem Halkett Gallagher Lamie
Byrne 
Pittman Lawson 
Wylde Tiffoney
Hardie

Have Wylde and Tiffoney playing as actual wingers and not wing backs, reckon that's a strong lineup for us if Jacobs is still out (see: Lawson in)

Possibly Sibbald instead of Wylde?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I don't go along with the doom and gloom merchants thinking 'we've been sussed/found out, get the starting line up correct and we wont be a pushover, and I think we just need that first goal to get us going again, Hardie will find the net soon.

Agreed. I could quote four Motherwell fans from the post match thread who said their keeper made important saves/we had a few chances. I think we actually might’ve created more than we did in the single goal  defeats to Aberdeen/St Johnstone/Hearts - even Menga looked dangerous and we were unlucky one didn’t drop in. Tiffoney striking the post is as close to a 4th goal in that game as you could get.

...Its just that the first 20 minutes were absolute guff from a defensive point of view. It’s like we forgot how to put crunching challenges in which is where we miss Keaghan, I feel. Actually, when Lawless and Pittman fell over for the 3rd goal I was wondering if we’d forgotten how to play on a bobbly and slippery grass pitch :lol: 

Also, Hakeem to start.

35 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

Have Livingston started playing a back four? Is that due to injuries?

We change to it sometimes during games, but we've no injuries stopping us playing a back 3. Only reason some will be looking for something different is we haven't won since we beat you lot, have lost 5 games in a row, and only scored 2 in our last 7.

Obviously could be a lot worse (thank f**k for the way we started the season) but wouldn't mind seeing something different rather than stubbornly sticking with a system that might not be as effective as it used to be.

4 hours ago, LiviLion said:

We change to it sometimes during games, but we've no injuries stopping us playing a back 3. Only reason some will be looking for something different is we haven't won since we beat you lot, have lost 5 games in a row, and only scored 2 in our last 7.

Obviously could be a lot worse (thank f**k for the way we started the season) but wouldn't mind seeing something different rather than stubbornly sticking with a system that might not be as effective as it used to be.

When I've watched Livingston it's fit them perfectly, be interesting to see if a back four works.

2 hours ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

I haven’t even bothered to go Hearts win/draw.

I’ve gone big on hearts tonight - basically a license to print money.

Brave man. I wouldn't - but then, I never bet on Hearts. We've struggled 3 times against Livi already this season so obviously something about your system doesn't agree with us. And we have no width tonight ! I'll be happy with any narrow win.

On 2/4/2019 at 17:08, DC92 said:

I hate playing teams who've just taken a pumping because they always seem to shut up shop for the next match and make things difficult. Livingston have shown they can do that to good effect this season.

Yep.  The most predictable result of the season.

Archived