Club Licencing

On 25/04/2019 at 23:43, Almond Valley said:

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but if neither of you were already aware that Linlithgow will be renewing rivalry with Kelty Hearts from next season I’m sure you can now work it out for yourselves.

Has this actually been confirmed  ?

Definitely far from confirmed. The Cove promoted scenario is looking very much on course at the moment with them 2-0 up away to EK and Berwick Rangers 3-0 down at home to Albion Rovers. If the SFA extract their digit on licensing that means WW down with no space likely to be available for an applicant entry from below to name but one possible scenario.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 26/04/2019 at 18:15, Auld Heid said:

Suggestion is Linlithgow may gain most from all the uncertainties. That for me is wrong that football ability is not the main driver.

Absolutely agree. That clubs may be promoted despite not winning anything is rather ironic considering the LL was set up as part of the pyramid.

Still, Linlithgow going up would be preferable to basement clubs being re-elected.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Definitely far from confirmed. The Cove promoted scenario is looking very much on course at the moment with them 2-0 up away to EK and Berwick Rangers 3-0 down at home to Albion Rovers. If the SFA extract their digit on licensing that means WW down with no space likely to be available for an applicant entry from below to name but one possible scenario.

WW down, no applicant, and no licensed EOS winner would leave the SLFL at 15. So that won’t happen. It will depend on the licensing of the EOS winner then.

51 minutes ago, lowenan said:

WW down, no applicant, and no licensed EOS winner would leave the SLFL at 15. So that won’t happen. It will depend on the licensing of the EOS winner then.

WW wouldn't be relegated in that scenario apparently. They are only relegated if there's a licensed Tier 6 Champion (which there wouldn't be) or if there's a need to balance the Lowland League membership at 16 clubs (which there wouldn't be because of the Selkirk vacancy).

While I would like to see a team get promoted, if it doesn’t happen, it will be a very strong EOS Premier next season. Very similar to the old East Junior Superleague, but now at tier 6, including teams like Bonnyrigg, Penicuik, Broxburn, Bo’ness, Linlithgow, Dundonald,  Hill Of Beath, Camelon & Newtongrange. With all the old EOS teams at tier 7, where the best of them (Leith, Preston, LTHV), are likely to have a solid season. 

2 minutes ago, lowenan said:

I thought there would be an application process for the last spot, that WW could apply for,

Apparently not. If there's no licensed champion at Tier 6 there's no relegation.

The other caveats (B4a + B4b) to relegation only apply "in order to maintain a membership of sixteen clubs"

image.png.e3a310e2e9270ab4fc84b8a3b2e8f67a.png

So Cove promoted with no licensed EoS Champion = LL1-15 + Berwick Rangers = exactly 16 clubs.

2 hours ago, lowenan said:

The scenario I outlined was what happens if there is a licensed EoS champion and Cove get promoted:

14 LL + Berwick + licensed EoS champion = 16

WW are relegated with no space for Lithgae as an applicant

The problem with the drafting of the rule beyond that where Dalbeattie Star are concerned is that they talk about bottom and second bottom rather than 16th and 15th, so it isn't as 100% clear cut as is being implied above.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The scenario I outlined was what happens if there is a licensed EoS champion and Cove get promoted:

14 LL + Berwick + licensed EoS champion = 16

WW are relegated with no space for Lithgae as an applicant

The problem with the drafting of the rule beyond that where Dalbeattie Star are concerned is that they talk about bottom and second bottom rather than 15th and 16th, so it isn't as 100% clear cut as is being implied above.

Id take the cove SPFL scenario as technically ww would've went as 2nd bottom.

Dalbeattie Star are defo LL next season a BSC poster who I reckon knows more than most on the LL thread practically confirmed this. 

It's an absolute joke the play off winner might no even be licensed despite spending money on upgrades.

How can the play off winner or even ww at that plan for next season when they don't even know what league they'll be playing in  ? 

22 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Id take the cove SPFL scenario as technically ww would've went as 2nd bottom.

Dalbeattie Star are defo LL next season a BSC poster who I reckon knows more than most on the LL thread practically confirmed this. 

It's an absolute joke the play off winner might no even be licensed despite spending money on upgrades.

How can the play off winner or even ww at that plan for next season when they don't even know what league they'll be playing in  ? 

If I was the clubs and leagues involved I would be chasing it up with the SFA. Also with all the play-off games going just now there's extra attention media wise so i'd try and get some publicity over the situation.

Media reporting that Maxwell will present to the board this week re Scotland manager shortlist.

Amazing how board meetings can be arranged at short notice, I wonder if the will discuss licencing............

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Media reporting that Maxwell will present to the board this week re Scotland manager shortlist.

Amazing how board meetings can be arranged at short notice, I wonder if the will discuss licencing............

They might approve eos winners