Falkirk v Dundee United

17 hours ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

We signed quality though.

I've seen a lot of delusion on this  forum down the years but believing quality players are itching to play in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for the club who weren't even top and may very well stay there is proper deluded.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you to the Bairns who reminded me of the fixture shift you have on the first weekend in March: daftly, I was looking at Saturday games and noticed you had none.

Plastic pitches: there is a medical school of thought that attributes some cancers to playing on artificial turf, which I'm sure most are aware of.  But like most theories, there will be others who will dispute the results.

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

Of course they are. A decent grass pitch should be the first choice every week (for top leagues). I am well aware of the commercial benefits for smaller clubs like our teams. However, it is really not lazy to suggest that there is a higher likelihood of injuries being caused by plastic pitches.

Additionally, for some young players it is all they know. When they move up ages and come to play on grass then they will find it difficult

• Go on then; prove it.
  • It really, really is, unless you have numbers to prove it.

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

No just personal experience

And you've played on our pitch how many times? We've had far fewer injuries since we moved to astro than before if you ask me.  Only long term I can think of was Peter Grant which was caused by Livies tattie field.  Every time the old firm get an injury on plastic its because of the surface. Every time its on grass its just one of those things.

16 minutes ago, Aufc said:

No just personal experience

All the science and "experts" say smoking is bad for you but auld Jeannie round the corner smokes 40 a day and she's 84, so i'm off to buy fags and start smoking now!! 

As to the actual point of this thread, we look a different team far improved from Hartley's mob but we've only really played 2 games with these players, still hard to know exactly how good or bad we are, United have brought a few in as well, this game could go anyway and we'll have a better idea of how both sides will get on towards the end of the season.

Ban all 4G pitches cause some Airdrie fan on the internet didn't warm up properly before a couple of fives games. 

Correct. It is shocking.

In all seriousness, i have no issues with 4G. I just dont think they should be in use in the top flight. Really don’t think that is particularly controversial. The commercial benefits for smaller teams clearly makes it a good shout.

10 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

Too many posts to reply to. Sorry lads.

The seethe and animosity towards the big team in the league is absolutely wonderful.

Thank you.

I'm afraid United are now just seen as  an established championship side like the rest of us. 

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've seen a lot of delusion on this  forum down the years but believing quality players are itching to play in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for the club who weren't even top and may very well stay there is proper deluded.

It's relative though, isn't I? Edge has, by all accounts, improved your squad. He's one of our worst players

17 minutes ago, Big Shedboy said:

Well, since the squad was finalised, we've won 3 out of 3. So, it's worked out well so far.

Only taken 3 years.  The standard is bound to drop to a level when United can win the league eventually.  Its bad enough this season.

Just now, ArabianKnight said:

How long has it taken Falkirk to put together a side worthy of promotion. 

7 or 8 years since the Bairns were in the top flight? 

Unfortunately we don't  have the same amount of cash to waste as United have or we would've been out of here long ago.  United haven't even managed to come second yet for fecks sake.

Archived