Pars vs Partick

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Four subs on the Queens bench, kinda suggests they are at their limits in options and their last 5 league games show LLLLL

Seems to happen quite often to Queens. Is this beacause they pay Dobbie a fair whack and have a tiny squad as a result.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't there tonight (sadly not in Poland either) but it seems to me it's not been superb football in recent weeks but a bit more fight and a bit more belief from the side. We've seemed far too easy to be at times this season and it's great that we're starting to graft hard at exactly the right time.

Crazy to think we'll go 4th if we beat Queens on Saturday though...

8 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Four subs on the Queens bench, kinda suggests they are at their limits in options and their last 5 league games show LLLLL

Aye but they're lining up mega defensively, reckon we'll draw while they try and out shitfest us. 

I wasn't there tonight (sadly not in Poland either) but it seems to me it's not been superb football in recent weeks but a bit more fight and a bit more belief from the side. We've seemed far too easy to be at times this season and it's great that we're starting to graft hard at exactly the right time.
Crazy to think we'll go 4th if we beat Queens on Saturday though...

Man mark Dobbie out the game and I fully expect us to take 3 points. We’re not playing amazing, just handling the opposition better and playing to our strengths.

14 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We're maybe just a bit better organised and have a game plan that all the players understand.

I'll be satisfied we've truly turned a corner when the team go behind and fight back. We've really struggled to mount a comeback in matches over the last couple of seasons, so would be good to see us do that.

I'd rather we just won every match and kept a clean sheet all the time but there will be times when we're up against it and it'll be interesting to see how they react.

4 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'll be satisfied we've truly turned a corner when the team go behind and fight back. We've really struggled to mount a comeback in matches over the last couple of seasons, so would be good to see us do that.

I'd rather we just won every match and kept a clean sheet all the time but there will be times when we're up against it and it'll be interesting to see how they react.

We saw that against Ross County but tbh they’re ahead of everyone.

Im not sure what our best team is now. Have to say Connolly looked really effective when he came on. Higgy did ok but is he more dependable than Vincent? Certainly more creative. Joe Thomson was my MOTM and took a sore one yet still got stuck in. He must’ve won every 50/50.

Thought Thistle passed it about a bit better than us in the first half but other than Criagan's shot just wide there wasn't an awful lot to talk about. A goal soon after half time is always going to help but despite the goal I don't think we were that much better until the 2nd when Partick had to have more of a go of things. Its great having someone who can deliver a set piece and most of the boys played well tonight - thought Longridge was off the pace which is understandable, Thomson had his poorest game in a while but has been excellent for a few weeks so I'll let him off and Higginbotham was pretty poor with some woeful attempted worldie passes and some bizarre off the ball movement. Onwards and upwards, but if I was a Thistle fan I'd be worried. No cutting edge to that side and some terrible marking to boot.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Alloa his level now ?

Scott-McDonald-signing-900x520.jpg

It's utterly hilarious that he things he should be nowhere near the thistle team, probably won't be interested in fighting to stay up and instead will be happy with a fat wage.

Anyway Devine tonight was outstanding that block when we were 1-0 up was heroic :wub: The first half I thought we looked poor just sat in while Partick passed it about without any real cutting edge, then the second half we looked much more lively helped obviously by the early goal after the second went in Thistle looked even more abject with 31 running the ball out of play twice with on pressure on him. I was expecting Coulibaly to look like a bigger threat but the fastest he moved was to put the ball back for out free kick. Overall another 3 points towards the golden 40 and with Queens looking in trouble (To be expected by chucking all their cash at Dobbie, do their players not have to pay for their own medical treatment or something?) and ICT looking like they have hit a sticky patch (after we cruised past them) some interesting games in the play off could await. 

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

I think you just assumed he had scored an own goal. I was laughing when he scored tbh. 

I would never Danny would never score an own goal, I also had a chuckle, he should have gone over to the Thistle dugout

I think the bounce of the ball favoured us at times and didn't think there was anywhere near 3 goals in the game. Thistle play some really nice football in possession though never really looking threatening.

Clean sheet and another grinded 3pts without playing well is pleasing.

I think Harkins tried one reverse pass through ball which was blocked, and there  was one move where we actually shifted it quickly on a counter attack but Fitzpatrick got it stuck under his feet with Coulibaly as the final pass free outside him and I think that was it from passing moves, our one attempt at goal came from a cross that wasn't cleared properly. Other than that it was just the usual pass the buck stuff and occasionally pump in a hopeful cross.

Archived