Pars vs Partick

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I see Matthew Todd came off the bench last night.  Is that his first outing at East End in a league game?  How'd he get on?

Yes that was his first outing I believe, definitely in a league game, he may have featured in the group stages of the League Cup in the summer but I'm not 100%. He looked lively, some nice touches and had a hand in the third goal, possibly even an assist. Ball was played in, he moved it on and Anderson tapped in at the back post. Looks a decent prospect. Promising to see us bring him on in a game like this, hopefully the new management team are going to try and use our young players.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I see Matthew Todd came off the bench last night.  Is that his first outing at East End in a league game?  How'd he get on?

Looked promising, he featured in pre season quite a bit and looked a talent but got an injury in a reserve game at the start of the season. 

I was hoping we would've had him out on loan this season, Cowdenbeath seemed logical but with his injury maybe it wasn't possible? Seems a really promising player though, I rate him highly. 

The first couple of minutes there are quite something. Dear me.

Anyway, looked some good stuff from us at times. Anderson's first was good instincts from him, but the Caldwell will surely be furious at the Thistle defence for that one.

Aye, from the highlights the pars looked streets ahead of us, which is horrible. We had a "purple patch" of sorts but the last two performances have looked troubling. The complete lack of defensive midfield was horrifying, and may see us down with a whimper.

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The first couple of minutes there are quite something. Dear me.

Anyway, looked some good stuff from us at times. Anderson's first was good instincts from him, but the Caldwell will surely be furious at the Thistle defence for that one.

Hazard for being 9ft 2in doesnt command his area, He did look like he would when he first came in for us but that soon left him. The fact we rotated keepers when he came in tells you all you need to know how he did for us, tho as I have said previously he came onto a game in the last 3 games for us

The defending tho is horrific and reminds me of us with Fasan in goals

Thistle defending from both corners is horrible. Absolutely static. Great to see Anderson being alive in the box and it's a good header from Devine; not loads of power but great direction.

Anderson again very aware for the third but Todd is definitely trying to score. Again, Thistle appealing for offside when Anderson is at least a full yard on.

Was interesting to hear Caldwell saying we had more desire last night and basically accused the players of not working hard enough.

I was very impressed with Bruce Anderson. Took his goals well and should really have scored with his chance at the end of the first half. Gave the team a real focus up front.

Certainly one of the better teams in the league at the moment with a good run of form behind them. Not brilliant by any means but well capable of securing 4th spot come May.

As said Devine had a great game too.

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Thistle defending from both corners is horrible. Absolutely static. Great to see Anderson being alive in the box and it's a good header from Devine; not loads of power but great direction.

Anderson again very aware for the third but Todd is definitely trying to score. Again, Thistle appealing for offside when Anderson is at least a full yard on.

Was interesting to hear Caldwell saying we had more desire last night and basically accused the players of not working hard enough.

Aye Thistle's number 31 calling for offside when he's the one playing Anderson onside. Don't ask you don't get I suppose, but it was a little desperate.

Archived