Pars vs Queens

This Saturday, East End Park!

Can we make it 4 wins in a row?

Can Queen of the South make it 6 losses in a row?

If we win we go in to 4th place, albeit having played a game more. If Queen of the South win they're only 1 point behind us.

A silly, silly league.

You'd think, barring any injuries, we'd go with the same team as last night.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great that the team have put together a few wins and if they keep up the work-rate then there's no reason we can't add another three points on Saturday. Word of caution though; look at Partick Thistle. Half time on Sat they were 2-0 up on the league leaders, about to make it six wins in a row and now their fans are all doom and gloom again. Things can change quickly and until we get another couple of wins on the board, we can't afford to drop off at all.

Looking forward to a Pars game for the first time in a while though. Would be great to keep the run going here and against Alloa and set up a really exciting game with Dundee United. That could be a big crowd and a good money day for the club. Hopefully they're still well in the title race/Scottish Cup by that point.

I think I saw Queens would be bottom of the table if you took away Dobbie's goals? Not that surprising but got to be a worry when you have a guy on almost 20 league goals and you're just five points off the bottom.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's great that the team have put together a few wins and if they keep up the work-rate then there's no reason we can't add another three points on Saturday. Word of caution though; look at Partick Thistle. Half time on Sat they were 2-0 up on the league leaders, about to make it six wins in a row and now their fans are all doom and gloom again. Things can change quickly and until we get another couple of wins on the board, we can't afford to drop off at all.

Looking forward to a Pars game for the first time in a while though. Would be great to keep the run going here and against Alloa and set up a really exciting game with Dundee United. That could be a big crowd and a good money day for the club. Hopefully they're still well in the title race/Scottish Cup by that point.

I think I saw Queens would be bottom of the table if you took away Dobbie's goals? Not that surprising but got to be a worry when you have a guy on almost 20 league goals and you're just five points off the bottom.

Bit of a silly stat regards queens being bottom of the league without Dobbies goals.

Ayr would be struggling without Shanklands goals.

etc etc etc......

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

Bit of a silly stat regards queens being bottom of the league without Dobbies goals.

Ayr would be struggling without Shanklands goals.

etc etc etc......

If you took away Shankland's goals, they'd still be in the play-offs. If you took away Dobbie's, Queens would be bottom and favourites for relegation. 

In fact, I think only one Ayr result since mid-September would be different if Shankland's goals were removed. He's only scored three since mid-December and two of those were in defeats.

If you took away Shankland's goals, they'd still be in the play-offs. If you took away Dobbie's, Queens would be bottom and favourites for relegation. 
In fact, I think only one Ayr result since mid-September would be different if Shankland's goals were removed. He's only scored three since mid-December and two of those were in defeats.

Alloa away and Partick at home are the only games we’ve won this season where Shankland has been the sole goal scorer for us. Obviously he’s had assists and him being there makes us a better team but when we’ve won guys like Moff, McDaid or Forrest have chipped in with goals.

We’ve still been shite for months even with him playing but last night is the best I’ve seen him since November.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Alloa away and Partick at home are the only games we’ve won this season where Shankland has been the sole goal scorer for us. Obviously he’s had assists and him being there makes us a better team but when we’ve won guys like Moff, McDaid or Forrest have chipped in with goals.

We’ve still been shite for months even with him playing but last night is the best I’ve seen him since November.

I also included Falkirk at home, since that 3-2 win becomes a 2-2 draw if Shankland doesn't score.

He's still had a great season and so have Ayr. There's nobody that thought you lot would be safe from relegation by New Year.

I also included Falkirk at home, since that 3-2 win becomes a 2-2 draw if Shankland doesn't score.
He's still had a great season and so have Ayr. There's nobody that thought you lot would be safe from relegation by New Year.

Aye I’ll give you the Falkirk game.

Nobody thought we had a chance in hell of being where we are and only after the Dundee Utd game did folk sit up and pay attention. Everything seemed to go wrong after that. Winning the league was going to be a monumental task and the injuries to Shankland, Forrest and Kerr have cost us in the last couple of months. Shankland is Back now and looks fit again with Kerr also playing well last night. Forrest is supposed to be back in training this week so hopefully we can finish 2nd and get a bit of momentum for the play offs. Although the thought of actually going up seems mental and unlikely at the moment.

Archived