Invernesian Fakes Death

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I don't think the woman who Avis abused when she was pregnant with his child was the father of the son who reported him missing.  

I have read this sentence several times. I now have a sore head.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Chris was definitely groomed by Kim.

Sure as maybe.  I just associate the word she with mother and he with father.  Call me old-fashioned if you like.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Sure as maybe.  I just associate the word she with mother and he with father.  Call me old-fashioned if you like.

Assuming gender? A modern minefield so it is.

The documentary was fine, the BBC rarely make bad ones (quality varies wildly with other broadcasters)

And if something not covered there is probably a good reason for it as has been pointed out.

What disappoints me was how terrible he was on the run, clearly the guy had some mental health issues but he made so many basic mistakes.

Good that he did though, and agreed the sentence for his crimes seems light.

I suspect a fair amount of local characters of note are a bit darker than they appear on the surface.

2 hours ago, SH Panda said:

The documentary was fine, the BBC rarely make bad ones (quality varies wildly with other broadcasters)

It was shit. A journalist called Zara McDermott did a recent one about the Idaho murders which was also shit and that was BBC as well.

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was shit. A journalist called Zara McDermott did a recent one about the Idaho murders which was also shit and that was BBC as well.

I think you are waiting for them to get to you - a mysterious (or maybe not so mysterious) poster on P&B or so we thought but actually a criminal mastermind responsible for some greatest jewelry heists in Europe without anyone having any idea. 

Is that it?

3 hours ago, SH Panda said:

And if something not covered there is probably a good reason for it as has been pointed out.

What disappoints me was how terrible he was on the run, clearly the guy had some mental health issues but he made so many basic mistakes.

Good that he did though, and agreed the sentence for his crimes seems light.

I suspect a fair amount of local characters of note are a bit darker than they appear on the surface.

Apart from inverness' Sexy Suzi.  Heart of gold and umbrella tip of steel.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I think you are waiting for them to get to you - a mysterious (or maybe not so mysterious) poster on P&B or so we thought but actually a criminal mastermind responsible for some greatest jewelry heists in Europe without anyone having any idea. 

Is that it?

Goodbye

IMG_9691.gif

28 minutes ago, throbber said:

I saw that too, and I also thought it was perfectly fine.

Not the best though, I mean it's no fourteen days in May, life and death row or Rain in my heart but a perfectly functional BBC doc.

For me their quality floor is quite high, even their worst stuff a decent.

You disagree though which is fair enough, probably best to ditch the new true crime ones then.

7 minutes ago, SH Panda said:

I saw that too, and I also thought it was perfectly fine.

Not the best though, I mean it's no fourteen days in May, life and death row or Rain in my heart but a perfectly functional BBC doc.

For me their quality floor is quite high, even their worst stuff a decent.

You disagree though which is fair enough, probably best to ditch the new true crime ones then.

Well it was my mrs who suggested we watched and I assumed it would be about the story itself rather than following about online sleuths so I was left thinking it went off a little bit.

I don’t find online sleuths interesting in the slightest after having watched that - they were all clearly mentally ill and very annoying.