Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Scottish Cup semi-final, 13/04/2019

Elixir

We've been to enough national cup semi finals to know they need to be before or after the non-cup final 3pm Saturday blackout.  Yet here they are, again, moaning like fuck about it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many are Inverness likely to bring, 3k?  We'd sold 13,000 before the general sale started today so not bad numbers, although ST holders have been able to purchase up to 4 so not sure how many will go in the general sale. 

Really don’t know how I feel about this one.

Welsh being out really disrupts our play and Ikpeazu frightens the life out of me up against our defence, especially if Donaldson is out.

On the other hand, only going by fans opinions, Hearts aren’t very good and the likes of Doran and Polworth are Premiership quality players so up top there is no reason why we shouldn’t create chances.

No doubt for the first time in his life Jake Mulraney will hit a ball cleanly in the 90th minute to send hearts to the final

10 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Really don’t know how I feel about this one.

Welsh being out really disrupts our play and Ikpeazu frightens the life out of me up against our defence, especially if Donaldson is out.

On the other hand, only going by fans opinions, Hearts aren’t very good and the likes of Doran and Polworth are Premiership quality players so up top there is no reason why we shouldn’t create chances.

No doubt for the first time in his life Jake Mulraney will hit a ball cleanly in the 90th minute to send hearts to the final

What do you mean "if"?

As well as coming off injured yesterday, isn't he suspended for a ridiculous booking in the last round?

I watched the Edinburgh derby yesterday and Ikpeaszu in particular. For someone so strong, he mewls at the slightest touch. 

What do you mean "if"?
As well as coming off injured yesterday, isn't he suspended for a ridiculous booking in the last round?
I watched the Edinburgh derby yesterday and Ikpeaszu in particular. For someone so strong, he mewls at the slightest touch. 

You’re right. I totally forgot that he was suspended for it.

Ikpeaszu absolutely monstered us in the league cup earlier in the season.

We have a decent first XI but a thin, thin squad. Missing Donaldson and Welsh means we will likely be playing with Brad Mckay at centre back and a midfield ‘engine room’ of Chalmers and Trafford. That just isn’t the quality that’s going to win us a game like this one.

On the other hand, as stated above, we do have attacking players who can perform at a high level. Polworth and Doran are the obvious dangermen for us. White and Walsh have had good seasons but I’m not sure if they are top flight standard.

I don’t think we will win but it’s good to have a game like this at this stage of the season, I think our cup success has contributed to our good form in the past few months.

Ikpeaszu absolutely monstered us in the league cup earlier in the season.

We have a decent first XI but a thin, thin squad. Missing Donaldson and Welsh means we will likely be playing with Brad Mckay at centre back and a midfield ‘engine room’ of Chalmers and Trafford. That just isn’t the quality that’s going to win us a game like this one.

On the other hand, as stated above, we do have attacking players who can perform at a high level. Polworth and Doran are the obvious dangermen for us. White and Walsh have had good seasons but I’m not sure if they are top flight standard.

I don’t think we will win but it’s good to have a game like this at this stage of the season, I think our cup success has contributed to our good form in the past few months.

Another worry could be McCart being out. No idea the state of his injury and it didn’t look too serious but we could potentially going into the game with a Mckay and McHattie centre back pairing with Chalmers and Trafford in holding midfield.

That spells out a total disaster to me.

Thinking about it,  ICT and Hearts are 2 of the prestige clubs in this country; always making cup semi finals and finals.

When are the SFA going to recognise this and start giving clubs like ICT and Hearts a bye into the QF/SF of the cups?  We always end up there anyway so they might as well cut out the middle man.

See also, Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell.  

Thinking about it,  ICT and Hearts are 2 of the prestige clubs in this country; always making cup semi finals and finals.
When are the SFA going to recognise this and start giving clubs like ICT and Hearts a bye into the QF/SF of the cups?  We always end up there anyway so they might as well cut out the middle man.
See also, Celtic, Aberdeen and Motherwell.  

Agreed on ICT.

However, hearts are only having a brief flirtation with competing for a cup this season.

Indeed they should’ve been booted out of one and been very fortunate with the draw in this one, until now clearly.

Train booked to Glasgow, looks like I’m going. Can’t. Wait.
If caley can defend long balls, we’re fucked. If Uche can get the upper hand on their defence, we should be okay. As one dynamic as a team can get.

Archived