Hibs vs Kilmarnock

Just seen the highlights, seems like either side could have nicked it.

One thing though, when David Gray hits it off Stuart Findlay's head inside the box and immediately appeals for a handball - it's so frivolous it's unreal, and it's something that for me is reflective of a total change of attitude around handball.  Any time you see the ball ricochet off any part of any player in the box nowadays you hear the customary roar of expectation from the crowd, and it does my fucking head in. 

Even worse when you see players' histrionics for something totally innocuous.  What's the difference between claiming for a penalty in such a fashion, and chucking yourself to the ground with no contact?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

Dull game. 

I would ask how Mark Milligan only got one booking, but Stephen McLean. 

I guess we could ask the same about Mulumbu if we were feeling inclined to be cry babies?

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I guess we could ask the same about Mulumbu if we were feeling inclined to be cry babies?

I thought Tshibola was the more obvious case for a second yellow meself, but meh. The ref probably couldn't stand the thought of listening to Steve Clarke moaning about it for half an hour afterwards if he had sent one of the Killie boys off, and I don't blame him.

I didn't think it was a particularly dirty game and I thought McLean was very quick to flash a couple of cards unnecessarily. I thought the midfield battle was very good - Mulumbu and Omeonga are two of the best in the league.

Archived