Debate Night

sophia

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

That vicar arsehole’s a twat

You sir have delivered a message as succinct as it is based on a formidable truth.

The Presbyterian seemed to be as ignorant as he was complacent in his self regard.

32 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
On 29/04/2019 at 15:01, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
Drunk debate night would be better. Like what C4 used to have with After Dark.

Or "After Closing Time" as it was parodied.

It's recorded.

Try again or steam in your self hate.

Mr Kerr seemed to nod along in agreement with everyone and then argue the complete opposite. His nodding was almost on a par with Dick Leonard and just as convincing. He turned his back on Stephen Jardine when asked to explain why the English NHS was in a worse position despite all that extra  money and rabbited on about democratic accountability for the SNP, whilst he blocks out what his pals are doing in England. The programme is a bit calmer than QT but there were some strange comments last night as one young guy demanded more "strong leaders" to rule the world . The Reverend had a set of contradictory positions but Kerr nodded in agreement. The university woman was most impressive whilst I find Kirsty Blackman a bit wooly.

• 3 months later...

The panel includes: SNP Westminster leader, Ian Blackford MP; UK government minister in the Scotland office, Colin Clark MP; Labour’s shadow Scottish secretary, Lesley Laird MP; Scottish Lib Dem spokesperson on the constitution, Wendy Chamberlain; and music entrepreneur and newspaper columnist, Donald MacLeod

Debate Night > Question Time

although it may be uncomfortable watching Lesley Laird trying to express herself through the medium of words, I intend to tune in

39 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I thought he looked and sounded a bit jaked when he spoke.  Maybe a rock 'n roll lifestyle catching up.

Either that, or recovering from a rock n' roll lifestyle.

He also writes for The Sunday Post so I guess we shouldn't be expecting too much from him.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Antlion said:

High(land) Plains Grifter.

I watched the programme for the first time in quite some time and she was awfully shouty and pontificatey.

The highlight was Lesley Riddoch owning Craig Hoy

10 hours ago, sophia said:

I watched the programme for the first time in quite some time and she was awfully shouty and pontificatey.

The highlight was Lesley Riddoch owning Craig Hoy

Hardly an own.

She just spoke over him, got all shouty and ignored what he was saying, whilst making sarcastic and snidey comments in the process.

Standard Riddoch.

Only a buffoon would base a view on the relative performances of the panelists on a short clip.

Reviewing the complete broadcast would allow any objective viewer the opportunity to identify three shouty panelists.

Here's a clue, Ms Riddoch is not one of them.

What she very eloquently voiced was the comparison of up front tax in Scandinavia versus the myriad  of sneaky UK taxes and if you factor in poor delivery, it made me think about getting beyond the lazy and scary "do you really want a high tax economy model?".