Been Impressed?

I have, really enjoyed days at Kirckudbright, Peebles was great, as was Hawick.  Really enjoyed it all this year and wouldn't look back.

What's everybody else' s take?  Everybody happy that's shipped in?  What the existing EoS side's supporters make of it all now?

7 hours ago, RobM said:

I have, really enjoyed days at Kirckudbright, Peebles was great, as was Hawick.  Really enjoyed it all this year and wouldn't look back.

What's everybody else' s take?  Everybody happy that's shipped in?  What the existing EoS side's supporters make of it all now?

I've enjoyed the season. The organisation of the whole thing. Look at bonnyrigg so successful this season and finishing the season 2 weeks before they would if junior club.

We've met new teams old teams and we've still gothe our semi final on Thursday with bonnyrigg a chance at another final

Moving to the EoSFL this season has in my opinion breathed fresh life into all the club's that moved, as well as the original EoSFL clubs. The 3 Conferences being seeded have worked, ending bar one game yesterday with the round Robin format. Over 2500 spectators for those 3 games. The people at the EoSFL got it spot on with the format.

The Premier league next season will be a tough but exciting challenge for many clubs.

Hopefully we see tier 7 Conferences with same format next season. This will keep lots of clubs involved again till season ends. 

Seeing so many clubs doing stadium improvements is also fantastic for spectators. Hopefully for the ones applying for their licence this gets sorted asap. 

The EoSFL have done a brilliant job from format to fixtures.  Clubs have grasped the opportunity to progress and build their clubs as well as non league football. There's always room for more clubs though :thumsup2

18 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Moving to the EoSFL this season has in my opinion breathed fresh life into all the club's that moved, as well as the original EoSFL clubs. The 3 Conferences being seeded have worked, ending bar one game yesterday with the round Robin format. Over 2500 spectators for those 3 games. The people at the EoSFL got it spot on with the format.

The Premier league next season will be a tough but exciting challenge for many clubs.

Hopefully we see tier 7 Conferences with same format next season. This will keep lots of clubs involved again till season ends. 

Seeing so many clubs doing stadium improvements is also fantastic for spectators. Hopefully for the ones applying for their licence this gets sorted asap. 

The EoSFL have done a brilliant job from format to fixtures.  Clubs have grasped the opportunity to progress and build their clubs as well as non league football. There's always room for more clubs though :thumsup2

Could not agree more

Its a pity the SFA can’t get their act together 

A long slog week in week out with very few games to look forward too...can't wait till it's over to be honest ..played tranent 5 times and crossgates 4.. Also played them 3 weeks in a row. Can't see much to rave about..

58 minutes ago, Burnieclub78 said:

Let's be honest the fixtures is something sjfa could have done chose not too. Junior cup great compedition.but caused so many problems due to scheduling 

2 minutes ago, buboy said:

A long slog week in week out with very few games to look forward too...can't wait till it's over to be honest ..played tranent 5 times and crossgates 4.. Also played them 3 weeks in a row. Can't see much to rave about..

That was just cup draws though that used to happen in the juniors when their was more than 3 cup competitions

That was just cup draws though that used to happen in the juniors when their was more than 3 cup competitions
OK we will say it's been fantastic because you think so..playing teams that have no support, no excitement ,boring relentless week after week... but sorry for telling you how it is...

1 minute ago, buboy said:
10 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

OK we will say it's been fantastic because you think so..playing teams that have no support, no excitement ,boring relentless week after week... but sorry for telling you how it is...

But that was a one off season if u don't like it follow your reserve team next year. It will be mostly super league without Tayside next year or a local league with draining support

Years ago used to play bonnybridge twice in league cup section then twice in league and if played them in any other cup

The topic is ..been impressed... I have not been ..but noticed previously that no one is allowed to disagree with you. If you think that my opinion is in the minority you are wrong.. But keep banging on beating your Eos drum whatever makes you happy!!!!

14 minutes ago, buboy said:

The topic is ..been impressed... I have not been ..but noticed previously that no one is allowed to disagree with you. If you think that my opinion is in the minority you are wrong.. But keep banging on beating your Eos drum whatever makes you happy!!!!

I don't disagree about some of the games my point is surely the organisation has been impressive and next season when your playing linlithgow camelon Musselburgh etc it'll be normal. Point of this year was breath of fresh air and it has been. Embrace the change or get left behind and that was part of the season why lithgae struggled this year while we have done relatively well with a young squad. Two cups and we would have beat boness at the time had the game been played. We have a semi with bonnyrigg to look forward to as do yous

8 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Been impressed             Fixture organisation Yes but not rocket science  the juniors could have done the same but didn't.  Cup Competitions  not impressed      too many     ok when there was only a 13 team league.          New clubs yes some great visits to [parts of Scotland many people wouldn't normally visit         Quality of football overall    no change from last season      Facilities Improvements     great strides hope everyone can afford them  everyone hasn't a benevolent Local Authority or sugar daddy and it is hard work getting funds  everyone is milking the same pails nowadays.     Overall impression     The *NOVELTY**   season is over  and it has not been a pot of gold for many clubs  but the juries out for next season.    As BUBOY says it is only  MY OPINION as I have seen it     THATS WHAT WAS ASKED FOR.

So should we all just go back

13 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Been impressed             Fixture organisation Yes but not rocket science  the juniors could have done the same but didn't.  Cup Competitions  not impressed      too many     ok when there was only a 13 team league.          New clubs yes some great visits to [parts of Scotland many people wouldn't normally visit         Quality of football overall    no change from last season      Facilities Improvements     great strides hope everyone can afford them  everyone hasn't a benevolent Local Authority or sugar daddy and it is hard work getting funds  everyone is milking the same pails nowadays.     Overall impression     The *NOVELTY**   season is over  and it has not been a pot of gold for many clubs  but the juries out for next season.    As BUBOY says it is only  MY OPINION as I have seen it     THATS WHAT WAS ASKED FOR.

Actually on the two many cups point a club in senior Scottish would play that junior cup Fife and Lothians and East of scotland cup. 

This season  senior Scottish south challenge cup football nation cup league cup and king cup.

So your arguing about 1 cup their was less league games. HibeeJibee suggested premier league clubs may not play in King cup next season once we go back to a 16 team league. So would be the same

1 hour ago, buboy said:

No long term vision no? The juniors was stale and rusty. Next season most teams will be at their level and crowds will reflect said level. 

17 clubs with licensing applications in, Dunipace and Bo'ness to come. Tweedmouth with their improvements and I imagine their has been gradual improvements with Inverkeithing as they find their feet. That's a lot of positive movement by clubs.

Same with all the u20 teams. Even the Linlithgow Rose and Bo'ness United Junior teams show a certain growth even though the link isn't as obvious as an u20 team under the main club's umbrella.

Also just happy to see all the clubs make it through the season. Early doors with Selkirk folding and the "cricket scores" there was plenty of doubts of how things would go, there were even some scares with Tweedmouth and Eyemouth.

Hopefully the admin screw ups that saw point deductions and cup expulsions are a thing of the past.

Did Bonnyrigg win a league and then get promoted to a league above with the opportunity to do the same again next year ( and the year after etc).

Next seasons prem will
Look very similar to a junior super league, but the prize available ( a promotion) is something that hasn’t been there before

2 hours ago, buboy said:

Have to agree that some people are trying to talk up what was always going to be a very awkward transitional season into something more than it was. Having Dunipace as the closest thing to a local derby meant Bo'ness drew the short straw on how the conferences unfolded. Things should look up again next season with the EoS premier and hopefully some of the clubs like Whitburn, Bathgate and Fauldhouse that are missing from the main league structure in the east at the moment will be part of it again soon. 

This season has been exactly what it was always meant to be. A balanced transition season where the traditionally higher league teams would manoeuvre back to the top. Next seasons premier will be very interesting to watch unfold and will be very competitive. For teams in the conferences, like my own club, there is now something to strive for.... Getting back amongst the premier league clubs.... But for many this will take some time to achieve. 

I'm not a fan of the 'nothing to look forward to for clubs', particularly from fans of clubs who may feel they are entitled to play only the best teams, but have underperformed against the so called lesser clubs over the season in whatever conference they were drawn in. 

Sometimes a little perspective is required prior to writing comments that can be perceived as derogatory towards other clubs who are potentially where your own club were in their progression 5 to 10 years ago (maybe longer for some). 

The organisation of the season, having fixtures in plenty of time, consistent information fed to clubs and generally an approachable league committee have made this season different (better) than my experience of playing junior and knowing nothing, not even who we were playing next week. Now clubs can aim as high as they like, beyond the eosfl and LL.... Which is really what has been achieved by moving over and joining the pyramid, not pots of gold, honey and the chasing of rainbows as some like to report.... 

Good luck to clubs for the rest of this season and into next season. 

2 hours ago, surely not! said:

Did Bonnyrigg win a league and then get promoted to a league above with the opportunity to do the same again next year ( and the year after etc).

Next seasons prem will
Look very similar to a junior super league, but the prize available ( a promotion) is something that hasn’t been there before

It will be infinitely superior to the East Juniors so called Superleague.

Not been a great season for Linlithgow but we knew this year was transitional. I think next year could be excellent and with automatic  promotion at stake for the league winner. Not used to that concept.

It will be infinitely superior to the East Juniors so called Superleague.
Not been a great season for Linlithgow but we knew this year was transitional. I think next year could be excellent and with automatic  promotion at stake for the league winner. Not used to that concept.

That’s was the point I was making. I actually meant however that it will look like an old style super league- rather than the abomination that will be the top east junior league next season