English Premier League 2019-20

On 13/06/2019 at 18:56, Bully Wee Villa said:

Man U v Chelsea will be terrible. 

Anyway, we seem to have signed a Brazilian forward for £22 million. Never heard of him before but excited anyway. Brazilian! Striker! £22 million! From Brazil! In South America! £22 million! 

Not getting my hopes up but he better be at least as good as Pele. 

I've not been as excited about a transfer since probably Savo. My reasoning's gone completely out of the window and I'm becoming increasingly convinced we'll be seeing UEFA Cup football again in 20/21 and - obviously - win the European Cup (again) in 2022.

I know I'm completely deluded, but .. a Brazilian striker to replace our departed Brazilian-Scottish right back!

I try not to get too excited... I thought Collymore was going to be the final piece in the title-winning jigsaw :(

Can't help but look forward to seeing this guy play, though. About time we had a player from once of the "Big Three" South American countries (Gustavo Bartelt doesn't count). 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I hope Chelsea give Lampard the time to prove himself. It's a risk appointing him and they should know that, but too many clubs hold the manager responsible for the risk backfiring.

Will Terry be tempted to go back to Chelsea?

52 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Depends on what you class as "succesful". I reckon if he can get top four without signing any players, he'll have done well. 

Whether that would be enough to keep him in a job, I don't know.

I think it almost definitely would be but I’m not convinced he’d manage it with the transfer ban.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Solskjaer.

I can quite see Lampard being fairly successful.

Sarri leaves with getting into two cup finals and finishing third. Lampard has nothing to lose so hopefully gives a good go of it but he may struggle . Cant see him finishing third...

The treatment of Sarri is absolutely abhorrent.  In that sense, Frank Lampard is getting a free pass for not being Sarri.  I bet Lampard gets more than a season from the fans.

Apart from the transfer ban, Lampard will also have the safety net of the side effect of it by having to play a number of youngsters. I believe a lot of Chelsea fans have been keen for this to happen for a while so in some ways it's the perfect time for him to take over. It's not that he can't lose no matter what happens but it's as close to it as you'll get.

It's just a matter of time for Ole. If he gets off to a poor start the 'transitional team' excuse won't wear. Wouldn't be surprised at a Woodward out campaign and resurgence in the Glazer hate stuff. 

I hope Chelsea give Lampard the time to prove himself. It's a risk appointing him and they should know that, but too many clubs hold the manager responsible for the risk backfiring.
Will Terry be tempted to go back to Chelsea?

Lampard at Chelsea is nauseating enough, adding Terry would make watching any Chelsea game unbearable

20 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Lampard at Chelsea is nauseating enough, adding Terry would make watching any Chelsea game unbearable

I think it would be quite refreshing for a club like Chelsea to come back to earth a bit with Lampard and Terry at the helm.