English Premier League 2019-20

Imagine getting rid of Sarri and hiring Frank Lampard. Crazy.

Should make watching Chelsea a bit more enjoyable, when they are losing at home to Norwich and the players stop playing for him.

22 hours ago, throbber said:

I really don’t think giving the job to unproven managers who were good ex players is really the answer for Utd or Chelsea but will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

It sounds good to me :D. In all seriousness though where as the Man Utd appointment is clearly doomed to failure I’m going to stick my neck on the block here and say the Lampard one is worth a shot. 

Mind you the top 2 managers are streets ahead. 

On 02/07/2019 at 18:51, Rab B Nesbit said:

TV fixtures hopefully out Friday. 

Norwich home game on Friday 8th already confirmed so that’s 6 of Liverpool’s first 7 games on the telly. 

53DE7B79-138E-4FB8-951C-D47FAEF91205.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Imagine getting rid of Sarri and hiring Frank Lampard. Crazy.

Should make watching Chelsea a bit more enjoyable, when they are losing at home to Norwich and the players stop playing for him.

Chelsea wanted Sarri to stay but, sensibly, he preferred to take the Juventus job. Sarri was fed up with the stick from the fans and the media. When the transfer ban was imposed, taking the Juventus job was a no-brainer.

Lampard's salary, like OGS's, is a fraction of that of top managers like Guardiola and Mourinho. Given the huge wage bills, it will be relatively cheap for Chelsea and United to fire their managers if they fail to deliver. 

City, Liverpool and Spurs fans must be laughing at these appointments. Arsenal fans are still greeting that the club is being stingy again this summer.

Arsenal aren't being stingy any more, they simply haven't got enough money after missing out on the CL again and being tied down to excessive contracts. This was set out quite comprehensively earlier this week:
https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1145583489103945728

That's an outstanding source.

If MA wants Brucie as next Newcastle manager he better stump up the 3-5 million in comp that our chairmen is demanding. I’d assume that Ashley thought that this was going to be a lot easier than what it’s turned out to be but our chairmen is a very stubborn person and doesn’t back down for no one. Steve Bruce has took training this morning and Chansiri has banned Sky Sports from our training ground.

Peter Crouch‏@petercrouch 
After a lot of deliberation this summer I have decided to retire from football ! Our wonderful game has given me everything. I’m so thankful to everyone who helped me get there and to help me stay there for so long. X

Seems to be one of the good guys does Mr Crouch. 

35 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

If MA wants Brucie as next Newcastle manager he better stump up the 3-5 million in comp that our chairmen is demanding. I’d assume that Ashley thought that this was going to be a lot easier than what it’s turned out to be but our chairmen is a very stubborn person and doesn’t back down for no one. Steve Bruce has took training this morning and Chansiri has banned Sky Sports from our training ground.

Really can't see Bruce going. Don't know how ambitious your chairman is, but I'd imagine the club have PL aspirations, and Steve Bruce is a good man to deliver that. Would imagine Chansiri will do all in his power to keep Bruce, and if he sells the dream in the right way, Bruce won't want to ditch it for Newcastle. Being honest, I don't think it would even take pitch of the year to show Ashley up in the ambition stakes.

Really can't see Bruce going. Don't know how ambitious your chairman is, but I'd imagine the club have PL aspirations, and Steve Bruce is a good man to deliver that. Would imagine Chansiri will do all in his power to keep Bruce, and if he sells the dream in the right way, Bruce won't want to ditch it for Newcastle. Being honest, I don't think it would even take pitch of the year to show Ashley up in the ambition stakes.

Sky and a lot of the ITK said that it was basically a done deal yesterday and that the two clubs were just sorting out the £1 million in comp. But as I said Chansiri is a very stubborn chairmen and asks over the odds for stuff (ie wanting £15 million for Forestieri) and doesn’t back down from it so that means whatever he’s demanded Mike Ashley to pay (very much doubt its £1 million) he’ll need to pay the whole lot and not a penny less. And we all know that MA doesn’t put his hands in his pockets and paying loads in compensation is something that he wouldn’t do and wouldn’t surprise me if he backs away from it. Newcastle is a poisonous job while MA is there and he is going for the ‘cheap’ option in Steve Bruce but it could massively back fire at him.

Chansiri wanted PL football within 3 years of him taking over as chairmen however that’s failed but we have a manager that knows how to get clubs out of the championship and into the PL and the chairmen knows that and that’s why he’s digging his heels.

15 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Sky and a lot of the ITK said that it was basically a done deal yesterday and that the two clubs were just sorting out the £1 million in comp. But as I said Chansiri is a very stubborn chairmen and asks over the odds for stuff (ie wanting £15 million for Forestieri) and doesn’t back down from it so that means whatever he’s demanded Mike Ashley to pay (very much doubt its £1 million) he’ll need to pay the whole lot and not a penny less. And we all know that MA doesn’t put his hands in his pockets and paying loads in compensation is something that he wouldn’t do and wouldn’t surprise me if he backs away from it. Newcastle is a poisonous job while MA is there and he is going for the ‘cheap’ option in Steve Bruce but it could massively back fire at him.

Chansiri wanted PL football within 3 years of him taking over as chairmen however that’s failed but we have a manager that knows how to get clubs out of the championship and into the PL and the chairmen knows that and that’s why he’s digging his heels.

I'm somewhat a Newcastle sympathiser these days as my mate is a Toon fan so takes me down. Part of me hopes that every manager Newcastle approach stick the middle finger up at Ashley so he gets the message, but then that's a perilous road to go down, because the further down the barrel you start to scrape, there will be plenty who want to go, even those clearly not cut out for the job.

Then again, Ashley has a track record of making false promises to managers and selling the club well, only to throw managers under the bus by not backing them. You'd think most managers these days wouldn't listen to a single word that comes out the fat ****ers mouth.

12 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Peter Crouch always seemed like a really likeable guy, someone you couldn't help cheering for (unless he was playing for England).  I think he would make a good pundit if he chooses to go down that route.

Agreed senor definitely one of the good guys. Remember all the uproar when he first signed or Liverpool but he went to be a very good player. Will never forget the scenes when he finally scored his first goal in the December v Wigan via about 3 deflections then scored again minutes later :lol: