Summer Transfer Window 19-20

Guest Moomintroll
Luiz is such an Arsenal signing. Crying out for solidity at the back and they go for that bombscare. Luiz and Mustafi at centre back would be hilarious!
Between Luiz, Sokratis & Mustafi at one end and Aubameyang & Lacazette at the other, Arsenal are certainly going to be a very entertaining watch this season.

Spurs going to do an ultimate Spurs by not signing Dybala or Lo Celso, calling it now.
I think they'll get Lo Celso but not Dybala. I also read that Pochettino considers Sessegnon a winger at this point in time, so they're still pretty weak at FB.

Just now, accies1874 said:
6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:
Spurs going to do an ultimate Spurs by not signing Dybala or Lo Celso, calling it now.

I think they'll get Lo Celso but not Dybala. I also read that Pochettino considers Sessegnon a winger at this point in time, so they're still pretty weak at FB.

Suppose if Rose stays they're sorted for Left Back, Right back is a worry. Although KWP could end up being a good option there.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Scott Carson is currently undergoing a medical at Manchester City ahead of a season-long loan from Derby

This appears to be a developing trend; veteran English keepers signing for top teams.  Richard Wright, Rob Green, Scott Carson.  Think there was another random one a couple of seasons back.  Take it its the homegrown quota thing?  Is that even a thing?

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This appears to be a developing trend; veteran English keepers signing for top teams.  Richard Wright, Rob Green, Scott Carson.  Think there was another random one a couple of seasons back.  Take it its the homegrown quota thing?  Is that even a thing?

Yeah, in the squad of 25 there has to be at least 8 homegrown.

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah, in the squad of 25 there has to be at least 8 homegrown.

It's a good loophole to be fair, pay these guys 20k a week for a year to sit in the stand every game.  No win bonus or appearance bonus needing paid either.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine getting rid of Koscielny for £4m and bringing in Luiz for £8m.

They didn't get rid of him, Koscielny wanted the move himself. He had a year left on his contract and felt the new deal wasn't suitable enough reward for the amount of time he spent at Arsenal so he decided not to travel with Arsenal on their tour. Then again, Luiz instead of Koscielny hmmm I agree with you there. Luiz better technically but Kos doesn't take as many chances as Luiz.  Season ticket holders of Arsenal are in for a treat, a bad time, a mental time, an exciting time.  Ffs Arsenal games will be so good to watch loll

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's a good loophole to be fair, pay these guys 20k a week for a year to sit in the stand every game.  No win bonus or appearance bonus needing paid either.

And if the club win anything they get a nice medal. Think Richard Wright played less than 20 games for Arsenal and City combined but has two winners medals. 

12 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

"Arite' Man Utd/Barcelona/Arsenal/insert_big_clubhere*, it's Marco Silva here. Any of you got any shit cast offs to sell"

marco_silva_web-thumb-large.jpg

* Except the European Champions. 

Lee Grant is the other one I think you mean