The AEW Thread

TheGoon

I know it shouldn't be a surprise, but there appears to be a large number of Americans who think that Wheeler has only committed a very minor crime. If you brandished a gun at a stranger in pretty much any other country, you would be looking at a very long stint in prison.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I know it shouldn't be a surprise, but there appears to be a large number of Americans who think that Wheeler has only committed a very minor crime. If you brandished a gun at a stranger in pretty much any other country, you would be looking at a very long stint in prison.

It is a relatively minor crime because having a gun is legal in America, why would they hold people accountable to other countries laws? 

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So who here is going to All In?

I'm going with three other pals. We're also going to the Rev Pro show the night before. Buzzing for the weekend. Can't wait!

Going with a pal, we were considering going to Rev Pro but not too sure yet.

Taking in a Millwall game on the Saturday afternoon cos the tickets were easy to get.

1 hour ago, Lukovic said:

Going with a pal, we were considering going to Rev Pro but not too sure yet.

Taking in a Millwall game on the Saturday afternoon cos the tickets were easy to get.

Rev Pro card looks excellent. Loads of I don't know but a couple of the lads I'm going with assure (most of) the rest are tremendous and that Rev Pro have built this to be one of their biggest cards of the year. Copper Box looks like a cool venue too.

Never seen Ospreay so buzzing to see him, and it's a singles match (vs Shingo Takagi)

Also has Zack Sabre Jr, Mickie James, Katsoyuri Shibata, Dave Finlay Jr, Flash Morgan Webster, Ricky Knight Jr, Trent Seven. Wouldn't be surprised to see an AEW talent.

Full card is here: https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=366919&page=2

Bell time is 17.30 so it would be a very tight journey unless you booked a cab in advance.

Edited by DA Baracus

I'll also be there, although just All In.  Staying with a pal near enough to Luton, so really, really looking forward to making it out that way during the train strikes on Saturday.  Hoping that everything's a bit better by the Sunday.

I managed to get cheap flights from Inverness to Heathrow a few months back. It's a flight that BA have cancelled a few times at short notice recently, so hopefully they don't pull that trick again this week.

If this was a WWE show, they would definitely be sending a Mick Lynch impersonator out to the ring for some cheap heat and to take a curb stomp from Seth Rollins.

Booked flights the day the tickets went on sale so got a cheap return. Ticket, flights and hotel in total was under £300. However need to add on travel to and from each airport and the cost will go over that sum.

Regarding this train strike, is it just on Saturday? Also are tube services striking too?

The train strike stuff doesn't seem quite as bad as I thought.  Stansted Express still seems to be running, and the train I need out to where my pal lives is too, albeit a "reduced service" (with more regular trains than a normal Scotrail service...hmm).  But I guess with everything up in the air, could well turn up and everything's fucked.  

I only got my flights end of last month.  Had to pay slightly more than I usually would for flights to London and could only get Stansted when Luton would have been better, but wasn't too bad.  And not paying for accommodation obviously helps.  

Having only ever been to Wembley for either gigs (relatively short compared to All In, and standing) or football (much shorter) I've never been arsed getting refreshments or anything like that.  Assume Wembley fare is just as shite as anything you'd get at any major stadium, only you can probably buy alcohol? 

Edited by forameus

Reports seem to be suggesting that FTR are still planned to participate in their match at Wembley.  Guess that's wholly dependent on whether he gets stopped at the border for being a tit.  Absolute scenes when Brawl Out 2 happens with Cash in the Ace Steel role.

11 hours ago, forameus said:

Reports seem to be suggesting that FTR are still planned to participate in their match at Wembley.  Guess that's wholly dependent on whether he gets stopped at the border for being a tit.  Absolute scenes when Brawl Out 2 happens with Cash in the Ace Steel role.

"Bah Gawd, that's not a Border Force Agent, it's Nick Jackson!"

Having someone have a gimmick where they largely go after people whose Dads have died so they can cut promos on them is certainly a choice.

Still think the Wembley card could have been better - and it really showed how they've brought both shows down when they ran down the current state of All Out and gave two matches you probably wouldn't glance at for Dynamite - but really looking forward to it now.  Should be a great show.

Really looking forward to heading down on Saturday. 

Think it’ll be a really good show in the end, but do agree the build has been lacking. Feels like a lot of the later WrestleManias, with most stuff really only coming together close out - but the sheer scale of the show will just elevate it.

I’m still baffled by sending your main event competitors out there early doors. Obviously for a reason, but never a fan of that.