Clyde FC; Season 2022-23

1 hour ago, Sao Paulo said:

Not sure. I've only ever glimpsed out the gym window. I'll have a swatch when I'm down later. Least of our worries, of course!

Absolutely, got to be more concerned about retaining the far side ball boys and ensuring we have more spare balls available......

Just now, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Why we still talking about Lang? Cracking player, nice lad, but he plays for Dunfermline now. Can we move on? 

That’s just the point.... it appears he doesn’t play for Dunfermline.

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Employed by Dunfermline then. He needs to earn his place in their side or wait till injuries/suspensions kick in, much like he had to when he played with Clyde.

Yes, that’s one potential outcome.

1 hour ago, HughieMc said:

Absolutely, got to be more concerned about retaining the far side ball boys and ensuring we have more spare balls available......

Get aff the internet, you.

Aye: we'll be bringing a mid-table league two defence into league one if we don't sign another two or three players for that line.

I've begun to think trying Tony Wallace in the centre beside the new signing (Petkov) might be worth a punt. Gives you two truly physically imposing players, who're reasonably mobile and decent with the ball on the deck. It'd also put Wallace to use, because I don't see him being a particularly good centre-mid, and it'd be a shame to have him be a stop-gap because he's quite handy at a lot of things. I'd try Rumbsy with Petkov first if we're going to keep the four, of course; he at least knows the position and has seasons of league one experience behind him.

Anyone coming back with 'Oh, he's never played there...'; 'You're the very one that moans about players being used out of position'. Aye, I know that. But we've had players transition from being decent or poor midfield players to being very good defenders. Indeed, Petkov only became a centre-half last season because - to paraphrase Levein - he wouldn't have a future at Hearts as a centre-mid. By all accounts, he's taken to being a centre-half very ably. I understand Tom Lang was a midfield player not all that long ago, too. And Billy Gibson would be another relatively recent example of a midfielder turned (excellent) sweeper and full-back. Wallace has got the same fitness chops as Lang, and reads play well. I'd like to see what Wallace is like in the air when he doesn't have his back to goal. If he's good that way, then he's an outstanding candidate, IMO. I think he could be quite an effective organiser, too.

Edited by Sao Paulo
Typo.