Jump to content

Clyde FC; Season 2022-23


Recommended Posts

 
Still more to come, but so far on paper we’re in a better place than we were this time last year.
 
Jordan Allan will have his work cut out surpassing Robert Jones's mighty 4 league goal tally from last season.

Seriously though, he must be better that the worst striker I've ever seen play for Clyde.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/05/2022 at 11:17, Ignoramus said:

Conor Scullion - another legend of the Glasgow Cup campaign - also has two games for Fauldhouse so given our recent transfer record, it’ll be him.

Assuming no news is bad news on the likes of Cuddihy and Livingstone so we’ve got a lot of work to do when DL gets back from his soirée in Benidorm.

Right player, wrong name. I’m claiming this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Jordan Allan will have his work cut out surpassing Robert Jones's mighty 4 league goal tally from last season.

Seriously though, he must be better that the worst striker I've ever seen play for Clyde.
 

In the crazy world of Football,  the Airdrie defence keep Megginson etcpretty quiet all season,  the player who ragdolled our centre half s was Robert Jones,  the first game he gave Kerr problems,  2nd game Fog bowl I think he scored the replay he caused havoc in the 2 2 draw with Kerr and Max Currie not covering themselves in glory,  The final fixture luckily Jones didn't play..

 

Glad to see the back of the big c**t to be honest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Passionate said:

In the crazy world of Football,  the Airdrie defence keep Megginson etcpretty quiet all season,  the player who ragdolled our centre half s was Robert Jones,  the first game he gave Kerr problems,  2nd game Fog bowl I think he scored the replay he caused havoc in the 2 2 draw with Kerr and Max Currie not covering themselves in glory,  The final fixture luckily Jones didn't play..

 

Glad to see the back of the big c**t to be honest...

So are we!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wrote the following on the Airdrie thread in response to a Clyde poster asking about JA:

He has never really had a run of games ever in his three spells, which I suspect tells a tale in its own right. For me he was best as an impact sub to come on and harry, run at and annoy tired defenders. I just don't know what to say about Jordan, he's not awful, he's not great. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with a consistent run of games. He may do well.

On a side note, if Clyde could get Josh Kerr that would be a superb signing for them. Has his injury issues but when fit he's a classy defender.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jordan Allan seems a similar type player to Lewis Jamieson, bit of pace and a hard worker. Seems a decent enough signing. 
 

Rumsby moving on, can’t say I’m overly disappointed but always one you couldn’t fault effort for, just think we could get better for league 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Allan could probably just about be classed as League One level player, which is nice. Scullion probably less so but all squads will have some filler in them. As long as it’s only a couple that’s okay.

Rumsby away too - I’m not particularly disappointed by that but signing another three centre halves who are up to it at this level is no easy task. To be fair, signing all of Airdrie’s cast offs from last season would probably be quite an upgrade on what we had.

Wouldn’t be surprised is ssb was talking about Ross Lyon either.

Edited by Scott-Replay
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumsby is a solid and hardworking player and has experienced more lows than highs as a Clyde player. Not an easy position to play when you’re getting battered for it most of the time so fair play he wants a change..best wishes to him. Wondering where he’s off to now ? No doubt we’ll hear soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best of luck to Rumsby.. I liked him too. Was big part of the team in early days and was a bit of a scapegoat this season which was very often harsh considering his defensive partners and the poor protection the defenders got for midfield, particularly early season. 
Another who should come into the welcome back anytime category.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SLClyde said:

Jordan Allan seems a similar type player to Lewis Jamieson, bit of pace and a hard worker. Seems a decent enough signing. 
 

Rumsby moving on, can’t say I’m overly disappointed but always one you couldn’t fault effort for, just think we could get better for league 1. 

Think Jamieson is a step above Allan. He’s the only player that I particularly noticed last year.

I’m sure nacho could a decent return with a decent run in the team. Probably has all the attributes just lacks height and therefore struggles with the physicality of some teams.

On a side note why are Clyde still parading new signings at Broadwood ? Strange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Think Jamieson is a step above Allan. He’s the only player that I particularly noticed last year.

I’m sure nacho could a decent return with a decent run in the team. Probably has all the attributes just lacks height and therefore struggles with the physicality of some teams.

On a side note why are Clyde still parading new signings at Broadwood ? Strange.

Noticed the pictures at broadwood as well, no idea why we are doing that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...