Queen's Park 2019/20

55 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

Being an amateur club is only relevant here in Scotland and I will repeat, only the SFA have interpreted compensation for youth players in this manner. What do you not understand about Shankland netting us £30,000 if he had signed for an English club. Also a couple of seasons ago a young player of ours called Lee Connolly went to Sunderland and I understand that we got £10,000  for him but if he had gone to a Scottish club we would have got nothing.

What part of us playing in Scotland as an amateur club do you not understand? We are governed under that jurisdiction and that's all there really is to the matter. Folk might not like the way the authorities are using the rule, but that's where we are. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

What part of us playing in Scotland as an amateur club do you not understand? We are governed under that jurisdiction and that's all there really is to the matter. Folk might not like the way the authorities are using the rule, but that's where we are. 

Yes but we should be strongly challenging their interpretation.

37 minutes ago, Glasgow1999 said:

We can't. Training Compensation is devolved to the national association to deal with for inter nation moves. If a player moves to another country then FIFA's rules kick in.

Why would Club's who can steal our players for nothing change the rules. Fantastic deal for them, Queen's train and develop young players to first team level and then take them for nothing.

I remember Cowboy McCormick saying if he left Queen's and got another job the first thing he would do would be to scrap his new club's youth system as he could just invest it in his first team squad and take all the Queen's youth players for nothing!

2 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

You'll be familiar with what happened when we tried to challenge their interpretation of the value of Hampden Park? They don't care. Nobody other than us cares. We need to drop this naivety and get ourselves into reality. 

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Block indeed at right back.

QoS away in the Cup. Not what I was looking for. Mind you, given our home form, away is more winnable.

Any recent away cup wins there?????

Would have preferred something more winnable, but it's a day out to a proper old ground that Queen's haven't been to for years. That sort of draw at Hampden would have been acutely distressing. 

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Block indeed at right back.

QoS away in the Cup. Not what I was looking for. Mind you, given our home form, away is more winnable.

Any recent away cup wins there?????

1996 and all that.

Oh ah Scott Edgar.

Edited by JT1867

On 18/10/2019 at 16:51, The man with no name said:

We can't. Training Compensation is devolved to the national association to deal with for inter nation moves. If a player moves to another country then FIFA's rules kick in.

Why would Club's who can steal our players for nothing change the rules. Fantastic deal for them, Queen's train and develop young players to first team level and then take them for nothing.

I remember Cowboy McCormick saying if he left Queen's and got another job the first thing he would do would be to scrap his new club's youth system as he could just invest it in his first team squad and take all the Queen's youth players for nothing!

He took our U/18 goalkeeper David McGurn and released Allan Trouten 

On 18/10/2019 at 13:56, an86 said:

I know that, just pointing out the unfairness of it all. Hope you can understand that?

3 minutes ago, Dooflick said:

I know that, just pointing out the unfairness of it all. Hope you can understand that?

Moaning about it isn't going to change our circumstances. There's only one thing that can do that.