Linlithgow Rose - 2019 onwards

13 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Of course he could. I’d argue a lot of our team could. I’m just not sure he’s quite at the Nathan Austin/Kelty level just yet.

Most of ur team are progressing to lowland league level. Docherty could play league 2 as well. He has been on loan at stenny during covid 

54 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Most of ur team are progressing to lowland league level. Docherty could play league 2 as well. He has been on loan at stenny during covid 

Lowland League level is a fake level at the moment. I’d say we are all at that level already. League 2 is almost definitely a step up as we are seeing with Bonnryrigg.

Binnie, McPherson, Thom, Thomson, Heaver, Docherty, Stowe, Skinner, Allan and McMullan for me could play at that higher level. Most of them already have.

52 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Progressing to Lowland level?

What on earth are you talking about? 

We've lost to Tranent and contrived against all sensibilities to give the match to Gala last Sunday having been cruising to a straightforward win. 

We've beaten every other Lowland team we've played over the past two seasons, and a couple of league one sides! Aye we're progressing towards and laughing at you lot disappearing into utter obscurity and irrelevance. 

Progressing towards! We'll be challenging at the top of that league next season ya rocket 

On 30/03/2023 at 23:33, Andydoc said:

Only passing on what I've been told to stop fans thinking that promotion to the lowland league is a formality, once the EOS has been won.

I will be very happy to be proved wrong.

Talbot are doing their usual, dropping points  / losing games that they shouldn't.  Questions have always been asked about Talbot's desire to move out of the West.

I've watched Darvel, Beith and Talbot recently and , in my opinion, Beith are definitely the best of the 3 and will be the most difficult to get past.

You mean unlicensed Beith.

37 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Lowland League level is a fake level at the moment. I’d say we are all at that level already. League 2 is almost definitely a step up as we are seeing with Bonnryrigg.

Binnie, McPherson, Thom, Thomson, Heaver, Docherty, Stowe, Skinner, Allan and McMullan for me could play at that higher level. Most of them already have.

Mcmullan no good enough. Biggest problem with him is finding the right position.

Never liked skinner too rash. Was decent when playing alongside someone keeping him right. I remember a game against sauchie when it was him playing with Ryan lockie and I don't know who was worse.

The goalies played at that level but seems proan to a mistake in highlights I've saw over the season ansnthats in a team that's doing well. 

Gary thom a squad player at that level. Didn't make it at stenny was loaned to us and seemed to end up at the rose. 

Gregs a good player but not a league 2 player. 

Thomson could play league 1 imo. 

Jamie Allan I haven't seen enough of him but on wot I've seen probably is a league 2 player. 

38 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Progressing to Lowland level?

What on earth are you talking about? 

We've lost to Tranent and contrived against all sensibilities to give the match to Gala last Sunday having been cruising to a straightforward win. 

We've beaten every other Lowland team we've played over the past two seasons, and a couple of league one sides! Aye we're progressing towards and laughing at you lot disappearing into utter obscurity and irrelevance. 

Progressing towards! We'll be challenging at the top of that league next season ya rocket 

I bet boness thought the same and they've no been near it. It's a lot different beating teams in one off cup games than a 36 game league season.

Biggest problem with this forum it has drifted away from its point of debate and banter and resulting in vulger insults and the worst seems to be from the rose fans towards camelon/boness. It's not banter it's not funny. It's starting to get personal now. 

23 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Do Rose fans think Stowe could make a step up? Chat we are sniffing around.

4 hours ago, razamanaz said:

Joe Bevan went from Camelon to Albion Rovers, the same number of steps, and is doing well 👍

3 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Stowe could play league 2 

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Of course he could. I’d argue a lot of our team could. I’m just not sure he’s quite at the Nathan Austin/Kelty level just yet.

Stow is obviously a talent but what level folk think he could play it is all just conjecture and based on what he does for the Rose now. Any perceived strengths and weaknesses just now might be completely irrelevant at a higher level where a bigger club, better coach and better team mates might play to and develop his strengths further. 

I always hark back to Scott Pitmann when these kind of conversations crop up. Stood out like a sore thumb in the juniors but certainly wasn’t without his doubters that he’d be able to cut it making the jump all the way from Juniors to the then Championship. 

Edited by 8MileBU

51 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

I bet boness thought the same and they've no been near it. It's a lot different beating teams in one off cup games than a 36 game league season.

That’s not a strong argument that though for the point you’re trying to make. The Bo’ness squad that started the season was more than capable of competing at the top end of the LL. Unfortunately one man’s constant needless tinkering plus some utterly baffling selections and tactics ensured that those hopes were down the pan fairly swiftly.

8 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Mcmullan no good enough. Biggest problem with him is finding the right position.

Never liked skinner too rash. Was decent when playing alongside someone keeping him right. I remember a game against sauchie when it was him playing with Ryan lockie and I don't know who was worse.

The goalies played at that level but seems proan to a mistake in highlights I've saw over the season ansnthats in a team that's doing well. 

Gary thom a squad player at that level. Didn't make it at stenny was loaned to us and seemed to end up at the rose. 

Gregs a good player but not a league 2 player. 

Thomson could play league 1 imo. 

Jamie Allan I haven't seen enough of him but on wot I've seen probably is a league 2 player. 

You are entitled to your opinion but I think what you are basically saying is that you agree.

I haven’t seen a better defensive mid than Greg this season and McMullan has improved beyond belief since he joined.

One of the most effective attacking midfielders in the league. Superb in the air when attacking the box and has 9 goals for us this season. Very underrated.

I reckon McKenzie is also approaching that level too. Always affects the game.

Edited by grinderbrokeyourhearts

Our current squad have done well both individually and as a group and currently sit top of the league on merit so all credit to both the players and management.

We have regularly beat teams from the lowland league, where overall the standard is poor - proof being the plight of teams relegated to EoS.  So I'd have no doubt our current squad would be competitive in the LL.

I would question if we would sit top 5 if regularly playing WoS opponents.  Results between EoS and WoS this season suggest there is still possibly a gap in favour of WoS. 

The talk on supporters buses are mixed regarding even wanting promotion into lowland league. No away supporters etc. But that would change dramatically when less supported teams drop down.and stronger teams progress from east and west  ( obviously) imo Should be more relegation and promotion right through the pyramid.

7 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

The talk on supporters buses are mixed regarding even wanting promotion into lowland league. No away supporters etc. But that would change dramatically when less supported teams drop down.and stronger teams progress from east and west  ( obviously) imo Should be more relegation and promotion right through the pyramid.

If Linlithgow are promoted this season, I can see it being a wee while before another EoS team go up (if relegation/promotion remains the same).

At some point the WoS Champions are going to be stronger than anything the EoS can supply and that point is fast approaching (and all licenced).

31 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

If Linlithgow are promoted this season, I can see it being a wee while before another EoS team go up (if relegation/promotion remains the same).

At some point the WoS Champions are going to be stronger than anything the EoS can supply and that point is fast approaching (and all licenced).

Yep

53 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I’m not sure about that. Sauchie, Jeanfield, Musselburgh and although they’ve dropped off slightly Penicuik could hold there own as well as us against the west. Darvel and Talbot consistently good where the others are up and down. 

it’s an absolute must that they open up the LL or create a LL2 to accommodate though, pyramid needs correcting. Funnily enough this would suggest Cowdenbeath and the Shire heading towards the EOS.

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I’m not sure about that. Sauchie, Jeanfield, Musselburgh and although they’ve dropped off slightly Penicuik could hold there own as well as us against the west. Darvel and Talbot consistently good where the others are up and down. 

it’s an absolute must that they open up the LL or create a LL2 to accommodate though, pyramid needs correcting. Funnily enough this would suggest Cowdenbeath and the Shire heading towards the EOS.

Just an opinion.  What's certain is that this season is a great chance for whoever wins the EoS to get upto the LL in front of the WoS chasing pack (assuming Beith win the title)

Edited by Burnieman

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Just an opinion.  What's certain is that this season is a great change for whoever wins the EoS to get upto the LL in front of the WoS chasing pack (assuming Beith win the title)

Anyway we have to get over the line first and it won’t be easy. You boys for a start are fighting for your lives and we have you and Tynecastle still, a tricky Tuesday night in VOL then some of the toughest away ties in the league still to go. I won’t be counting any chickens until it’s mathematically impossible!

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If you look at results from this season involving EoS v WoS then form would suggest WoS hold the balance. 

Sauchie lost 4 v 1 at home to Drumchapel on Saturday being the most recent example. 

Personally if we are promoted to LL, my concern is it may feel like a step back until a few more teams are promoted from WoS.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

my concern is it may feel like a step back until a few more teams are promoted from WoS.

Correct Auld Heid.  The LL could be a lot better in as little as 3 years but needs more new clubs who are prepared to vote for increased movement between tiers 5 and 6.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Correct Auld Heid.  The LL could be a lot better in as little as 3 years but needs more new clubs who are prepared to vote for increased movement between tiers 5 and 6.

Highly unlikely as a few LL teams won't have failed to notice the quick demise of recently relegated teams.

Fairly straightforward win tonight as probably expected. 7 different goal scorers and all players getting a run.

Great wee set up down there and easily the best drive to a game I’ve been at.

Was speaking to a couple of their supporters who just want the team to find their level and go again. Good luck to them!

Rose go 10 (pretty much 11 with GD) clear with 6 to go.