FIFA 20

TheGoon

17 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I assume you can save your icon tokens from this batch of icons to use on the next batch when they are released? I'm not really sure I want any of the current ones after picking up Carlos and it means I could go for one of the top ones in the next drop.

You cant transfer the tokens, you need to use them for this batch of players 

I went for Ferdinand, hes good but sometimes gets barged off the ball, have him paired with the UCL live militao

On 21/11/2019 at 09:20, We Are Pars Fans! said:

The objectives are killing rivals. Got top tier players deliberately staying in div 5/6 to make rewards easier.
I played a full icon team in div 5 last night, he took kick off, passes it to his keeper, scored an og n quit. What’s the point

Finally have to agree.  It's never seemed too bad for me, but it's recently got much worse.  I was off on Wednesday so decided to try and churn through the Rivals objectives, and dipped to a record low of 200 skill points.  Natural level on 20 seems to be high Division 7, but crashed almost to 10 with this.  I know when I'm playing people I should be beating, and if I lose to them I'm ok with it, as usually Rivals works quite well. But I'm constantly coming up against teams that are clearly controlled by someone way better than me.  Which in turn means I'm punted down, and likely playing people worse than me and ruining it for them.  Yesterday managed to get 5 wins in a row fairly easily, which shouldn't be happening.

I'm now 2 single player challenges away from a full 24 tokens.  Just the Mexican League and English Championship to go, but that's 11 games I need to win in Squad Battles.  Fucking yippee.  

32 minutes ago, forameus said:

Finally have to agree.  It's never seemed too bad for me, but it's recently got much worse.  I was off on Wednesday so decided to try and churn through the Rivals objectives, and dipped to a record low of 200 skill points.  Natural level on 20 seems to be high Division 7, but crashed almost to 10 with this.  I know when I'm playing people I should be beating, and if I lose to them I'm ok with it, as usually Rivals works quite well. But I'm constantly coming up against teams that are clearly controlled by someone way better than me.  Which in turn means I'm punted down, and likely playing people worse than me and ruining it for them.  Yesterday managed to get 5 wins in a row fairly easily, which shouldn't be happening.

I'm now 2 single player challenges away from a full 24 tokens.  Just the Mexican League and English Championship to go, but that's 11 games I need to win in Squad Battles.  Fucking yippee.  

Just keep refreshing SB so you come against the shitty bronze teams. It's still a hell of grind though.

You don’t the 24 though?

31 minutes ago, champions said:

Just keep refreshing SB so you come against the shitty bronze teams. It's still a hell of grind though.

Yeah, I'm doing that.  But as soon as you start relying on those, they fire you an 80+ across the board set, and you have to play 1 game before you can refresh again.

I'm not looking forward to playing with the Mexican jobbers, but even less looking forward to the Legendary battle with the Championship players.  Think that's getting kept til next week and a new set of refreshes.

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

Yeah, I'm doing that.  But as soon as you start relying on those, they fire you an 80+ across the board set, and you have to play 1 game before you can refresh again.

I'm not looking forward to playing with the Mexican jobbers, but even less looking forward to the Legendary battle with the Championship players.  Think that's getting kept til next week and a new set of refreshes.

You can just forfeit the game. 

Once all of the scheduled games have been completed, where you get points towards the weekly total, you can still refresh the opponents, you just dont get anymore points.

35 minutes ago, Moo said:

You don’t the 24 though?

Few words missing there?  If it's "don't need", I took Giggs in the first batch, and looking to get the remaining 15 to take Keane, so I do need the 24.

2 minutes ago, champions said:

You can just forfeit the game. 

Once all of the scheduled games have been completed, where you get points towards the weekly total, you can still refresh the opponents, you just dont get anymore points.

Suppose you can just forfeit.  I always get that feeling like "it's only an 80, maybe I'll win" and then lose an awkward 3-1 where they race into the lead in the 85th.  Say what you like about EA, they know how to structure a squad battles AI to really get it up you.

2 minutes ago, champions said:

You can also sub on your 3 best players

And yes you can.  Politano, Vardy and Giggs are all waiting to elbow the Mexicans oot the way.

Because I was mainly a career mode player before Fifa 20, I don’t mind the squad battles at all. Took me 6 games to beat legendary with the championship squad. 5 wins in a row. Sign Mitrovic. And sub on your 3 best players. Set up with a 4-2-3-1 formation also. Works quite well against the AI. 

I was dreading the Legendary level with a championship side too, but to be fair, the level isn’t much different between that and World Class.

They need to modify the re-list feature when selling players. I make sure my transfer list is at 100 before going to sleep and list them for 6 hours. Then see who I’ve sold in the morning. But instead of having to re-list every single one again and change it to an hour, you should be able to just hit re-list and be able to change the time you want them selling for. Made that mistake this morning. Sold like 18 this morning, and just re-listed then all so now they are on the market until like 1pm.... 😩